Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knox

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 1, 2002
UK
It broke.

Thank you, that'll be £60 please, based on my standard consultation fee.

:p

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Nobody was able to view a thread from between 5:42pm and about 6:00pm, est. You could navigate through the forums and use the story submissions, but you couldn't view a thread. Like, you couldn't even click on the title of this thread and view this post because the entire thread would be replaced by a database error message, you know, the one that dispatches an email to some technical staff.

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
Whoa! Sounds like total chaos. Good thing I was out golfing... I managed to avoid the mayhem back here. ;) Good to know everything is back to normal.

NusuniAdmin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
King Cobra said:
Nobody was able to view a thread from between 5:42pm and about 6:00pm, est. You could navigate through the forums and use the story submissions, but you couldn't view a thread. Like, you couldn't even click on the title of this thread and view this post because the entire thread would be replaced by a database error message, you know, the one that dispatches an email to some technical staff.

are you sure...i was viewing threads at exactly 5:44 eastern

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
I'm not sure what the hell is wrong with your clock there, sharpshooter. :D

I was going by the MacRumors clock, in which I noticed the last post at the time was at 5:41pm est. and nothing since for a while. Maybe it was at 5:45pm, but I doubt it, since the MacRumors News Discussion forum pretty much kept getting at least one new post every minute, hence, the implication that it took place at 5:42pm. Though, that's my guess. (Sets watch to be really slow, just in case...)

NusuniAdmin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
King Cobra said:
I'm not sure what the hell is wrong with your clock there, sharpshooter. :D

I was going by the MacRumors clock, in which I noticed the last post at the time was at 5:41pm est. and nothing since for a while. Maybe it was at 5:45pm, but I doubt it, since the MacRumors News Discussion forum pretty much kept getting at least one new post every minute, hence, the implication that it took place at 5:42pm. Though, that's my guess. (Sets watch to be really slow, just in case...)

apple's time servers must be off :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.