Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
I've used Safari since it was first invented and never had any major problems with it. Now I have a few work sites that deny my logins on safari but work fine on Chrome and a number of other sites the page ever loads at all in Safari and is instant on Chrome. I don't get it.

• Wow
Reactions: sorgo †

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
I thought I had to begin using Chrome to replace Safari. Websites began refusing to work, especially signing up for services. So I will turn off Private Relay in iCloud and see how it goes.

W£S

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2021
I thought I had to begin using Chrome to replace Safari. Websites began refusing to work, especially signing up for services. So I will turn off Private Relay in iCloud and see how it goes.
I did the same. Safari got stuck sooooo often that I downloaded chrome and it worked great.

Now after I disable iCloud private relay, everything is working fine.

It is weird as it was working fine till last month.

zachiedoo

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2022
S QC
My issue is not that Safari crashes, but it stops loading a page. I have to reload it, get the 'force reload' option and then they load. Happens a lot with Twitter, less with some others. I did have iCloud private relay enabled and have turned it off to see what happens. I'm on an M1 14" MBP running Ventura.

W£S

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2021
My issue is not that Safari crashes, but it stops loading a page. I have to reload it, get the 'force reload' option and then they load. Happens a lot with Twitter, less with some others. I did have iCloud private relay enabled and have turned it off to see what happens. I'm on an M1 14" MBP running Ventura.
I did change my carrier. Apparently the old one had no issues with iCloud private relay. The new one does

zachiedoo

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2022
S QC
I did change my carrier. Apparently the old one had no issues with iCloud private relay. The new one does
No such changes here. I live in the boonies, we've got one ISP available to us, unless you count internet via satellite, which is what we were limited to until a year ago. Thank Dog for the federal and provincial government fibre optic initiative!

My issue hasn't come back since I made the change to my settings. And the appearance of the issue doesn't coincide with the switch in ISP's. It's much more recent than that, like, several weeks I'd say.

W£S

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2021
No such changes here. I live in the boonies, we've got one ISP available to us, unless you count internet via satellite, which is what we were limited to until a year ago. Thank Dog for the federal and provincial government fibre optic initiative!

My issue hasn't come back since I made the change to my settings. And the appearance of the issue doesn't coincide with the switch in ISP's. It's much more recent than that, like, several weeks I'd say.
Same here. Once I turn it off, Safari doesn’t get stuck anymore

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.