Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fBaran

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2003
Finally worked this out semi-well. What do you think? I know I know, I need icons.

Attachments

• Copy of CrazyDesktop2.jpg
    Copy of CrazyDesktop2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 316

Seasought

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2005
The panels on the wall don't line up properly with those on the screen. There is a slight misalignment of the curve of the chair as it enters the screen.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
That is absolutely sweet. Anyone have instructions on how to do this? I'd like to try it.

Post what it looks like with a window open.

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
Good job. Yes there are minor alignment issues, but all-in-all, good job at actually having the time/patience to complete the process.

How long did it take you to finish the project?

fBaran

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2003
joepunk said:
Good job. Yes there are minor alignment issues, but all-in-all, good job at actually having the time/patience to complete the process.

How long did it take you to finish the project?

It could've been much better if I had a tripod (or a mechanical arm), but I don't. I had two pics. One with the iBook open, one with it closed. It took me 20 minutes to realize I was doing everything as.s-backwards, but once everything was fine, it took me about 5 minutes.

Pic 1: Open iBook.
Pic 2: Closed iBook.

Layer pic1 onto pic2, and using blending options, make it like 15% opacity so you can see most of pic2 (the wall). Then, make a layer of the wall the size/shape of the screen, and move it over...this seems so confusing. It's a fuzzy concept to grasp, and when I done I realized that how I did it wasn't really what I wanted to do! There was a thread or website with tons of pics of that stuff.
Basically, when you look at your own screen (not a pic, like mine), you should be able to "see through" it. I have that effect of just the pic. As my desktop background, I don't quite get the effect (set my pic as your bg and you'll get it...maybe?). Thanks for the comments, eventually I'll try something way better...when I have my stability issue corrected (along with the lighting).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.