Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
I watched the first 3 seasons of Virgin River on Netflix (call it a guilty pleasure). It was an easy-to-watch show with absolutely stunning scenery, simple characters, a simple storyline, and above all else, was light-hearted. It was just "dependable."

Then season 4 happened. They added a heavy storyline with deceit, drugs, and murder. The show was still mostly the same, but that darker storyline was distracting.

Now I'm 3 episodes in on season 5 and I'm already frustrated with the direction. More deceit, more drugs, more murder, more heavy storyline.

Am I the only one who is frustrated with TV shows that completely change the direction from one season to another? It's bad enough you have to wait a year or more between seasons, but to then have it be an almost completely different show is quite frustrating. The same thing happened to Warrior Nun on Netflix. I loved the first season and didn't even recognize season 2.

it makes it really hard to want to watch a series anymore. Which sucks, because it's difficult to even find a movie on Netflix. Everything is a series or mini-series.

Reactions: Chuckeee
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.