Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2018
USA
Today is my birthday and this is what I bought for myself - MacBookPro14,1.

This is the second Mac I've ever owned and it replaces my Mac mini late 2014 base model machine. The Retina screen is outstanding and the speed of this machine is mind-boggling. The keyboard will take some getting used to but I don't mind. I'll also have to buy a USB Type-C to USB Type-A adapter, but I'm sure I can find one somewhere. One battery charge has lasted all day so I'm very happy with the battery life.

I was a little hesitant to buy an Apple Refurbished product but I bit the bullet.. and I'm glad I did because the only indication that it is a refurbished product is the box. New Apple laptops come in a box that has a picture of the laptop in the outside of the box, but Apple Refurbished laptops only sport the name of the laptop on the outside. The battery had 3 cycles on it and there weren't any blemishes anywhere on the outer casing.

I'm a happy unit!

MacBook Pro.jpeg

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Very nice.

I would get some testing done to check for some of the more common problems. Better to know in the first few days. Hopefully it’s a good one and you have many happy years together.

Reactions: revmacian
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.