Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple Corps

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 26, 2003
California
Time is running out for me on a MBP decision. Today I cruised over to COMPUSA and looked at the 15" and 17" MBP on display. On balance, I was impressed with the fit / finish that I saw - much the same as my older PB - no complaints.

They were warm to a bit hot on screen saver - that remains an issue for me.

So - at some point, like others, I am going to have to jump in and purchase a notebook with gpu capabilities beyond the Macbook or mini. I have not heard much lately concerning the whine / buzz / mis-aligned cases / etc. for the latest production runs (week 36 or so?). Do any of you have experience with post week 33 machines?

There is a possibility that I could delay the decision until Mac Expo - another two weeks :eek:

Tic Toc Tic Toc........

Apple Corps

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 26, 2003
California
Unorthodox said:
At least wait until tomorrow.....

That is a given :) I am going to some how manage to wait it out until 9/26 - and that is really pushing it.

Next week is another possibility but we have guessed WRONG so many times........

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
i got mine 5 weeks ago (i don't know when that falls into the production schedule) and it runs without heat or whine or moo or anything bad. i love it.

Apple Corps

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 26, 2003
California
pianoman said:
i got mine 5 weeks ago (i don't know when that falls into the production schedule) and it runs without heat or whine or moo or anything bad. i love it.

pianoman - thanks. Would you go to the Apple logo > About this Mac > More Info and give us the first part of your serial number W86__ those next two digits tell you the week of production in this year. BTW - 15" or 17"?

Thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.