Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Not everyone wants the iPhone X design. What do us consumers do if we want the iPhone 6/7/8 Plus design??? I phone 8 Plus also has a better camera than the new SE.

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
Did you buy the 8 Plus? That was available until last week. If the demand is there, they'll make one which is rumoured.

To be honest at this stage, those who prefer the older design and Touch ID are lucky that Apple even cater for them with any updated device (new SE), they could have easily just killed off that style of model for both sizes.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Did you buy the 8 Plus? That was available until last week. If the demand is there, they'll make one which is rumoured.

To be honest at this stage, those who prefer the older design and Touch ID are lucky that Apple even cater for them with any updated device (new SE), they could have easily just killed off that style of model for both sizes.

Yes I did. But I know many more people that prefer that size and style. The future of the iPhone can't be in this iPhone X design, it just can't. It;s so flawed.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Yes I did. But I know many more people that prefer that size and style. The future of the iPhone can't be in this iPhone X design, it just can't. It;s so flawed.
Any reason why you think it’s flawed? I think it’s pretty obvious the X design language it is the present/future of the iPhone lineup. I would be highly surprised if there is any new home buttoned iPhone after this SE (except possibly an SE Plus later in the year).

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
Not everyone wants the iPhone X design. What do us consumers do if we want the iPhone 6/7/8 Plus design??? I phone 8 Plus also has a better camera than the new SE.
'SE Plus' has already leaked in iOS 14. I think you'll see it at WWDC 2020 or the fall keynote.

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
Something like swappa is a very good bet. I’ve sold and purchased on there with no issues in all my years on the site. I purchased a brand new 8+ for $430 at the time Apple still wanted $599 plus tax for one. Same phone, but I saved $200

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
d8d6de0e95fc2778d9de713b3f79bffd.jpg

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
Most people say the only refurbished iPhones you should really trust are from Apple themselves. I’m unfamiliar with amazon “renewed”, though.

I actually picked up an Amazon renewed XS Max, 256GB in Space Gray recently to upgrade from an 8 Plus. I was also super weary about buying a used phone but I watched a very unbiased tech youtuber "Travis MCP" buy a few $400-600 Amazon renewed iPhones which caused me to pull the trigger and get it. Most of his phones were in great condition and Amazon backs you up with a 90 day refund window in case you don't like it. Guaranteed over 80% battery health too.

I got mine and there were some light micro scratches on the front glass (from normal use, no deep scratches) and the rear was spotless. There was unfortunately a scratch on the bottom on the stainless steel frame but I got a perfect OLED display so I can live with it--I'd rather not play screen roulette. Came with 92% battery health too!

I think Amazon renewed isn't very popular or widely known right now so it would be smart to try it out during these times. Once this program gets too popular, all the phone prices will increase and the quality of the phones will decrease most likely. It comes with a charging brick and cable (non OEM) but that's about it. If you're lucky it'll come with a screen protector already installed.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
'SE Plus' has already leaked in iOS 14. I think you'll see it at WWDC 2020 or the fall keynote.

I know this is an older post that you mentioned, but I would be shocked if Apple launched the ‘SE Plus‘ this year. I thought the rumor was, if I recall, that it would initially launch late first quarter 2021 According to Prosser/Kuo. I’m not sure why Apple would have two separate entry level iPhone launches weeks apart from each other or even months for that matter, but for what reason? It make more sense to launch them both together versus separately, Being they essentially serve the same purpose.

forestinjersey

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2013
Most people say the only refurbished iPhones you should really trust are from Apple themselves. I’m unfamiliar with amazon “renewed”, though.

I can't coment on that, I purchased mine brand new from our Authorised reseller here in Jersey.

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
I know this is an older post that you mentioned, but I would be shocked if Apple launched the ‘SE Plus‘ this year. I thought the rumor was, if I recall, that it would initially launch late first quarter 2021 According to Prosser/Kuo. I’m not sure why Apple would have two separate entry level iPhone launches weeks apart from each other or even months for that matter, but for what reason? It make more sense to launch them both together versus separately, Being they essentially serve the same purpose.
Yeah that was an old quote. Perhaps we will still see it at some point. Who knows.

John dosh

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2019
Just purchased an 8 plus in here In the uk from John Lewis brand new 2 year guarantee. Only place I could find with stock of them.

Reactions: jimmy_uk
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.