Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMac2015

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2015
Just wondering what you would most like to see added or fixed in iOS software and also iphone hardware in the future

I would like;

Multi window (view you tube and another app at once)
Larger font within web browsers (display zoom brought back)
Control centre moved into the app switcher to the right.
Would like phone numbers searched online and identified if possible. (Especially if it’s a spam call)
Ability for phone to keep trying to call an engaged number until it’s available and notify me.

Hardware;
No camera bump or even back for typing on a flat surface.
Fully waterproof up to a few meters.
Would like Touch ID built into screen as a back up to Face ID and for Apple Pay
5g super fast broadband

For me this list is just finishing touches. I think the iPhone has come a long way and is way better than the best gadget I could have ever hoped to be made. ( I know android has most of this but I don’t care )

Last edited:

robertopod1968

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2013
Things to load faster. And to be able to download apps and updates over cellular. That's about the dumbest restriction ever now. Android is really kicking iPhones butt now in the time it takes to load apps.

Reactions: Jumpie

ultravegeta1981

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2017
Turkey
Let people customize their device by allowing app devs to come with quality icons and themes.

Have a dark mode yes for the oled.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Control Center is kind of a pain now on the X, so I agree with a better way to access it would be great.

I don’t hate the camera bump, but could do without.

Apps size restrictions does suck, especially since I use only att now and have no home internet service.

Dark mode might be nice, not sure if use it though.

materiell

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2015
Arlington, VA
I really want Display Zoom. It was a really important feature on my 6s Plus as I'm in my early 50s and my vision isn't as good as it used to be. The display zoom feature made everything larger. It is an important accessibility feature to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.