Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What iOS version are you using as your final jailbroken version?

Votes: 2 15.4%

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • 7.1b2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Totally

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 22, 2012
West Coast = Best Coast
Some of you guys have seen my posts about concerns with different versions of iOS people are jailbreaking and keeping and trying to evaluate the pros and cons of each. They seem to all have some sort of con with them as well as some sort of pro, I can't think of 1 that is perfect.

It's sort of a big decision/risk in deciding which version to keep with in my opinion because we might be on these iOS versions for a long time, below are some of the cons I see in each.

6.1.4: Still not jailbroken yet on iphone 5/5s, eventually apps will stop being optimized for this in the app store.
7.0.4: Released to jailbreak now, but very buggy compared to 7.1b2, and it's iOS 7.
7.1b2: The whole issue about hacking the expiration date maybe not working, but it is much less buggy. If it wasn't for the expiration date risk, I think this would be the best choice. See post 7...

So what are people jailbreaking on their iphone 5/5s that they plan on keeping for the longhaul?

I personally am waiting to jailbreak 6.1.4 on my Iphone 5 because I don't really like the looks of iOS 7 and because I know how to make themes on iOS 6. I have a feeling that theming will be completely different with iOS 7.

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Not that I intend to stay on 6.1 forever, or my wife on 6.0.1, but there were a couple of versions of iOS 6 before 6.1.4 that were jailbreakable. ;)

Last edited:

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
My 5s is staying on the latest public release. iOS 7 is so much better than any other iOS I wouldn't think of using anything pre-7. Luckily for me my 5s can only install iOS 7 haha. But yea, 7.0.4 is the iOS version I will remain on until the next public jailbreak.

Totally

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 22, 2012
West Coast = Best Coast
Not that I intend to stay on 6.1 forever, or my wife on 6.0.1, but there were a couple of versions of iOS 6 before 6.1.4 that were jailbreakable. ;)

I am well aware. I planned on staying on jailbroken 6.0.2 on my iphone 5 forever ;). But I broke that phone and apple replaced it with one that was on 6.1.4. *sad day*

JeReSpringer13

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2013
I wish I would have stayed on 7.0.2 since my battery life was awesome, but now I'm stuck with 7.0.4 and not so good battery life.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I am well aware. I planned on staying on jailbroken 6.0.2 on my iphone 5 forever ;). But I broke that phone and apple replaced it with one that was on 6.1.4. *sad day*
Bummer!

This is where being on Sprint and getting the 64GB model was good for us though LOL. I got my wife her iPhone 5 in September. Came with 6.0.1 and had been sitting there in Apple's stock since November.

Of course, I jailbroke it. :D

Totally

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 22, 2012
West Coast = Best Coast
Bummer!

This is where being on Sprint and getting the 64GB model was good for us though LOL. I got my wife her iPhone 5 in September. Came with 6.0.1 and had been sitting there in Apple's stock since November.

Of course, I jailbroke it. :D

Lucky! I had a 32GB. Guess it was a little more popularly bought and apple ran through stock a little faster :c

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.