Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abyssgh0st

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2009
Colorado

Looks like some have.. I looked over it but am unsure of how much things will actually cost, and what the lengths of the comics will be.

Marvel Comics

Marvel Comics

Marvel Comics

My list is updated now:

ABC Player
AccuWeather.com
AIM for iPad
ComicPad
eBay for iPad
Harbor Master HD
iBooks,
NASDAQ OMX
Netflix
Shazam for iPad
TweetDeck for iPad
Twitterific for iPad
USA TODAY for iPad
We Rule for iPad
Wikipanion for iPad
Yahoo! Entertainment
Pages
Keynote
Brushes
Wolfram Alpha
SportsCenter XL
Magic Piano
GraalOnline Classic+ (iPad)

You may be wondering why I have two Twitter apps, and it's simply to test them out and determine which one I prefer. Personally I love TweetDeck on the iPhone, but honestly the Twitterific for the iPad looks much nicer than TweetDeck.. their logo takes up like half the screen in one of their screenshots. No Tweetie (2) for iPad yet.. that'll probably be my Twitter-app-of-choice.

Legolover64

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2008
So far:

- Pages
- Keynote
- Instapaper Pro
- iBooks
- Yahoo! Entertainment

Still torn. Is Numbers worth it? I know I'll use Pages and Keynote, but unsure about Numbers...

and, of course, my own app (which you should all check out, it's a collaborative whiteboard!):

- padBoard

random person

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008
I bought several apps and thought I was out of control. This thread is making me feel better but I do think I better stop now!

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
So far:

- Pages
- Keynote
- Instapaper Pro
- iBooks
- Yahoo! Entertainment

Still torn. Is Numbers worth it? I know I'll use Pages and Keynote, but unsure about Numbers...
- padBoard

I'm a spreadsheet guy, and I LOVE Numbers. I would definitely get it.

I'll check out padBoard...

chouchou

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2010
3192417.png

Must resist Plant v Zombies HD (already got Mac and iPhone versions, I REALLY don't need another one) ...

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
Scrabble is going to be awesome on the ipad!!. Does anyone know of a good chess app for it too?:) And i wish apple would approve the panelfly app

Ichneumon

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2010
I haven't bought anything yet, as my Ipad will be months away still, but the things I am certainly going to buy/download:

-Converter for Ipad
-Pages
-Keynote
-Numbers
-Brushes
-some kind of calculator app
-one of the Periodic Table apps
-the BBC app
-Ibooks, when/if it will be available in my country...
-If Ibooks isn't available, I'll just have to do with Stanza
-Chess.com app, if they will make a version for the Ipad, else I'll just use the Iphone version.
-Encyclopedia for Ipad, because I want to be able to quickly look things up, offline.
-Dictionary! for Ipad, however I will also try Dictionary.com, but again I like these things to work offline too, plus it will be faster.
-I will likely buy a version of Risk or a similar strategy game, if I can find one. I'd like solo and multi-player options.
-hopefully I can find a rpg-dice random number generator. If I can't find one for the Ipad, I'll just use my iphone app.

pee cee hater

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2010
Florida
Before I Spend The Money...

Before I spend the money, will the iPad come with a calculator, clock, weather, the same stuff my iPod Touch came with?

I downloaded
AIM,
iBooks,
Wikipanion,
and E-Bay

gopherhockey

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2010
Flight Control FTW! If I only could have one app, this would be it.

FlightControlHD-3D.jpg

BTW: do people think the app store will be slammed on Sat. or something? Curious why the early purchases.

stagi

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2006
Here are mine so far, really looking forward to tomorrow :)

Attachments

• ipadapps.jpg
    ipadapps.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 158

chouchou

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2010
I hadn't heard of the "for i" app. Finally a way to do some light programming (or at least editing) on the go. Wonderful.

I know, I'm super-psyched about that one. Now I can finally rationalize this expense to myself.
Watching Colbert in bed? No. This is strictly business. I NEED the iPad. Business.

happyslayer

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2008
Glendale, AZ
Got a pair of $50 cards for my B-Day last week and I have been buying all night, biding my time before UPS shows tomorrow.

So far....

Pages
NYT
NPR
Kindle2
iBooks
Notability
Marvel
Dictionary.com
iPDF
Wikipanion
Asphalt5 HD (Its got a Mini!)
Backgrounds HD
eBay
USA Today

Saving the rest of my iTunes cash for iBooks tomorrow - later today!

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
Downloaded Apps

Pages- for Word documents

Print Central - to allow me to print screen shots, and anything else on my Ipad.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
So far I've spent around $75, $30 of which is iWork. My budget was around $100, so I've still got some room left for a few more things that catch my eye during the next week. Actually, I'm surprised at the free selection. It is decent.

Anyone else think the iWork icons look kinda bland? Bleh. Especially Pages.

image-76A6_4BB6FB52.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.