Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evrard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2014
Brooklyn
We've heard all about the apps that are not customized, but what apps are you guys enjoying the most?

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
I think this is the problem in me keeping it. I don't really have a favorite ipad pro exclusive app and find myself using the same ones I would on the Air.

biosci

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Chicagoland, IL
I really do hope someone with importance is reading this type of stuff/feedback. There are a few key features in a product like the PRO that they really need to differentiate from the rest of their lineup. Not just more columns (in certain apps), split view, greater resolution, a pencil, and a different onscreen keyboard.

Some items that would be nice:
Organization of side apps: Is this considered a launcher? Well it would be nice to arrange that hot mess!
Selective screen capture. Not just the entire screen to my photo album. But selective capture that allows you to paste the image into other apps without having to have to go through extra intermediary steps...

Hmmm extra intermediary steps. Well, this is one main thing that keeps the iPP from being as Pro as I'd like it to be. More steps to accomplish something isn't necessary what I think about for either Professional workflows or even PRODUCTIVITY workflows. It's kind anti those now that I think about it.

But, I still have my iPP and I'm more than happy to use it to just consume info on a large scale, use it as a note taking device/creativity machine. And when I'm feeling pro... I'll use duet display to extend my MacBook Pro (The only real Pro in this picture)

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
As lame as it may sound, MS' Office apps are really great. OneNote in particular really shines when combined with the Pencil; taking handwritten notes and having them be searchable later just strikes me as being really cool as an avid note taker at work.

Here's another lame one for you that a lot of people might take for granted (and in fairness it's not an app): the onscreen keyboard. It is without a doubt the best and most responsive onscreen keyboard I've ever used. For quick and dirty stuff (like this post), it does a phenomenal job, especially combined with the excellent word replacement in iOS. If I weren't planning on doing more extensive typing on it, I probably wouldn't even bother with a separate keyboard case because with the big screen and great typing it actually serves as a proper keyboard IMO.

Reactions: MrFuzz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.