Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
Anyone else curious what is going on with it?

Pioneer announced 3-4 months ago that it would be releasing it very soon but we still have yet to see any form of Carplay other than at shows/demos.

I am wondering if we will have some soft of mention for it in September?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I'm actually surprised people still buy aftermarket sound systems considering how good stock sound systems have become and how integrated they are with steering controls and other car functions.

DaMan90

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2014
I'm actually surprised people still buy aftermarket sound systems considering how good stock sound systems have become and how integrated they are with steering controls and other car functions.

You can get steering wheel controls with an aftermarket too...

Mine goes with everything in my car perfectly
Phone
Rear camera
Subs
Ect...

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
Anyone wonder if Carplay got pulled back as it's SDK is a bit like the one for 3rd parties for the wearable?
That and XCode 6, iOS8 extensions?

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011

My stock had 6.1, but didn't have bluetooth.
Pioneer was an easy fit in, using the pre-outs to the factory amplifier.

Stock UI is horrible.

----------

Anyone wonder if Carplay got pulled back as it's SDK is a bit like the one for 3rd parties for the wearable?
That and XCode 6, iOS8 extensions?

I figure Android Car messed it up.
Manufacturers dont want to play favorites, so getting both integrated before release. To avoid patches and whatever.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
My stock had 6.1, but didn't have bluetooth.
Pioneer was an easy fit in, using the pre-outs to the factory amplifier.

Stock UI is horrible.

----------

I figure Android Car messed it up.
Manufacturers dont want to play favorites, so getting both integrated before release. To avoid patches and whatever.

mine comes with 8 Speakers, touchscreen UI, 500GB HD, 2 SD Card slots, Bluetooth and a CD/DVD/MP3 player in the glovebox.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.