Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3rdof33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2024
I'm experiencing severe security issues with my device where someone else has access to my device through a private relay, anyone knows what these analytics about, I know starts talking about battery info but all this together looks weird considering the fact I'm being harrased by whoever put this relay service and hide my email. I appreciate any thoughts since apple wasn't able to do much. Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240214_181112_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240214_181112_Gallery.jpg
    545.7 KB · Views: 112
  • GasGuage.jpg
    GasGuage.jpg
    789.7 KB · Views: 47
  • GasGuage.jpg
    GasGuage.jpg
    789.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Idstransporttype.jpg
    Idstransporttype.jpg
    914 KB · Views: 45

3rdof33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2024
Are you just being unreasonably freaked out by iCloud Private Relay and Hide My Email features? - These are just analytics reports. Like cookie tracking for ads and such
Maybe I'm I guess thats why im asking. I never heard private relay till I found out someone has everything going to that private relay email address and then forwarded to me. my main reason to look in the first place is the fact my device was hacked.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Maybe I'm I guess thats why im asking. I never heard private relay till I found out someone has everything going to that private relay email address and then forwarded to me. my main reason to look in the first place is the fact my device was hacked.
What exactly makes you convinced this is happening and that you’ve been hacked?

3rdof33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2024
What exactly makes you convinced this is happening

The fact that I received threats, also I never signed up for the service, and now someone want the ipad it of lock down mode. Also these are for an iPhone. I don't have one this is an iPad pro 2nd or 3rd gen and never been hooked to my car.

3rdof33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2024
QNX is in those logs. QNX makes the infotainment software for several car makers. You’re seeing logs regarding the integration of whatever car you’ve hooked your device up to.

They’re logs, nobody is tracking you via private relay. It’s kind of the point…
Thank you for replying, exactly i never hooked this iPad to anything I use an android phone and dont own an iPhone.

P_Watt

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2018
Private Relay and Hide my Email are options you can choose or not.
iPhone Settings, [your name], iCloud, Hide my email, deactivate any you don’t like
iPhone Settings, [your name], iCloud, Private Relay, on or off

My advice - Apple use a computer to read analytics, humans cannot.

3rdof33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2024
Thank you for your reply, yes but I didn't chose those options and I have the email of the person who did. I don't usually read those but someone threatening me if I don't take the ipad out of lock down. Which is comforting to know it limited them, apple refuses to reveal that persons identity to me or law enforcement. Do you by any chance know if there is a software I can use to read them because the Transportation method is an actual shipping company, and I have nothing that uses gas in my home it also mentions an iPhone and I don't have one.

P_Watt

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2018
Thank you for your reply, yes but I didn't chose those options and I have the email of the person who did. I don't usually read those but someone threatening me if I don't take the ipad out of lock down. Which is comforting to know it limited them, apple refuses to reveal that persons identity to me or law enforcement. Do you by any chance know if there is a software I can use to read them because the Transportation method is an actual shipping company, and I have nothing that uses gas in my home it also mentions an iPhone and I don't have one.
I don’t recognise your situation. I don’t believe you are being hacked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.