Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SilverLight300

macrumors member
Original poster
May 31, 2016
Hi dear friends,

What is the best method for jailbreak iphone 4s (ios 9)?
Is Cydia active any more?
Some methods out there are grabbing Apple ID during jailbreak.
Because of that act i lost my Apple ID totaly.
I need a safe method for jailbreak my iphone and test it in new area.

Thanks for the attention

SilverLight300

macrumors member
Original poster
May 31, 2016
It is funny.
GitHub is not trusted in these days.
How can they upload illegal sources in there?
What is that mean? Means sites and wikis related to github are malicious and are not right places for use.
Please introduce other places.
By the way buying account is so funny.
i will accept answers from admins - Not regular people.

Jbrad09

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2019
It is funny.
GitHub is not trusted in these days.
How can they upload illegal sources in there?
What is that mean? Means sites and wikis related to github are malicious and are not right places for use.
Please introduce other places.
By the way buying account is so funny.
i will accept answers from admins - Not regular people.

Since I recently went through this I will share my findings.. Jailbreaking is basically dead these days. You can still find the tools needed to jailbreak your device, but you need repos, which contain all of the tweaks and customizations. Most of the major repos are no longer in existence. Once the repos were shut down bad actors created fake repo websites with same/similar addresses to fool people into downloading serious malware. I believe the top repos shut down around 2017, based on information found here:
Soo, yeah you can jailbreak it. You just won't find many safe/well maintained repos around. Jailbreaking is much riskier than it's ever been. There are a handful of awesome coders in the GitHub community working to revive old repos, so maybe there's hope. Be very careful when adding repos (if you get that far).

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.