Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrLoL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2014
Lyon, France
FcKPAcXWIAA-uJl

I can't find anything on this mysterious hole on the bottom of the new charging case.

It's certainly not a speaker, as far as I know Apple does not present this hole as something making sound on the promo shots & website (why would there be another speaker on the left with a single hole?) but if anyone found something with the reviews by any chance I'd gladly appreciate it.

The only information I recall is the rumors specifying this is a microphone for the Live Listen?

rashidmahmood

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2022
FcKPAcXWIAA-uJl

I can't find anything on this mysterious hole on the bottom of the new charging case.

It's certainly not a speaker, as far as I know Apple does not present this hole as something making sound on the promo shots & website (why would there be another speaker on the left with a single hole?) but if anyone found something with the reviews by any chance I'd gladly appreciate it.

The only information I recall is the rumors specifying this is a microphone for the Live Listen?
Hi, I did some R&D and found that that this opening is to balance air pressure of the case.
here the link

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 7.11.22 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 7.11.22 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,230
Reactions: viking_01 and Brad7
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.