Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techmonkey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
I am about to reinstall. What is the minimum partition size I can use for Leopard?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
You can barely squeeze it in on to 8Gb if you're using a modified installer and remove lots of extra stuff after installation.

techmonkey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
I am thinking about not reinstalling it. I am trying to get my OSX partition to be as small as possible. Currently its around 25GB. What can I do to reduce this?

Nov 28, 2010
located
I am thinking about not reinstalling it. I am trying to get my OSX partition to be as small as possible. Currently its around 25GB. What can I do to reduce this?

As mentioned before, you can choose not to install printer drivers and additional languages.
And if you DON'T install iLife, you will save around 4 to 5 GB too.
Thus the numbers Intell and me gave you should be reachable, but know, that you should factor in space for temporary files and for swap space.
Why do you need to install a bare Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard?

techmonkey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
As mentioned before, you can choose not to install printer drivers and additional languages.
And if you DON'T install iLife, you will save around 4 to 5 GB too.
Thus the numbers Intell and me gave you should be reachable, but know, that you should factor in space for temporary files and for swap space.
Why do you need to install a bare Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard?

Well, I will get shot on this forum for saying this but this MBP will be my Win7/Win8 laptop now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.