Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Queen6

macrumors G4
As a guy in his 60's, it is really easyto get judgmental about all of this time spent playing video games. But, that would be wrong. For my generation, TV was the only option as a kid, and people watched an unbelievable amount.

Perhaps another way to think about this is: how much screen time everyday? Of course, you would have to decide what to count and what not to count. For example, I would not count things like: work related projects and emails, reading books, research, school work, shopping, exercise classes, etc.. I would count: social media, Forums/Boards, videos, movies, TV, Games, VR, etc..

But , there is no clear delineation. For example, I play chess on my phone.....not sure that should count. My wife does the NY Times cross word puzzle on her iPad.....not sure that should count.

Anyway, I try to be aware of how much time I spend in the second group and keep it under control. That isn't to say I don't occasionally bing-watch a good series.?

Edit: BTW - I thing there are other things that make this confusing. For example, I spent a couple of hours research the best Handheld VHF radio to get for my boat. This involved going to online boards and watching some YouTube reviews. The internet is an incredibly useful way to get information about products and services....so not all Forums and videos are recreational screen time.
58 years young, been gaming since I could starting with the Commodore 64 :) and a tape drive :( On a good day can get into the 160ms bracket ? Don't do phones barring email, messages and surprisingly calls to people I want to actually speak with LOL
1645408515102.jpeg

S.T.A.L.K.ER. OGSE will test you, AI is ruthless need to be fast & accurate, employ smart tactics
1645316208765.png

1645316266443.png

Q-6

Last edited:
Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
58 years young, been gaming since I could starting with the Commodore 64 :) and a tape drive :(
View attachment 1961496
On a good day can get into the 160ms bracket ? Don't do phones barring email, messages and surprisingly calls to people I want to speak with LOL

S.T.A.L.K.ER. OGSE will test you, AI is ruthless need to be fast & accurate, employ smart tactics
View attachment 1961497
View attachment 1961498

Q-6
You’ve got me wondering if I should be trying this. As you know, I don’t like being overly challenged in a game. :)

Last night in Sam’s Story a Metro Exodus DLC, I cleared out a nest of bandits. With the stealth mechanic it was a walk in the park. Really the primary difference in difficulty levels is most likely how many bullets I must use. Sneaking up and knocking someone out, my suspension of disbelief makes it quite enjoyable. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Queen6

Queen6

macrumors G4
You’ve got me wondering if I should be trying this. As you know, I don’t like being overly challenged in a game. :)

Last night in Sam’s Story a Metro Exodus DLC, I cleared out a nest of bandits. With the stealth mechanic it was a walk in the park. Really the primary difference in difficulty levels is most likely how many bullets I must use. Sneaking up and knocking someone out, my suspension of disbelief makes it quite enjoyable. :)
Given the game is free you have nothing to loose but time :) S.T.A.L.K.ER. OGSE is designed to be challenging and it delivers. Only one way to find out; DL, install, play and enjoy the ride...

Q-6

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Given the game is free you have nothing to loose but time :) S.T.A.L.K.ER. OGSE is designed to be challenging and it delivers. Only one way to find out; DL, install, play and enjoy the ride...

Q-6
Yes, I will... as soon as I get done with the ME DLCs. One post apocalyptic game at a time ideally. :p

Reactions: Queen6
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.