Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phillies3429

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2014
Bought a Honda Accord sport about two months ago, they said it was coming but not sure when. Does anyone know what the deal is? Apple on stage hasn't talked about it in the last few keynotes. Shame, because it looked real interesting. Would of rather them announced it when it was ready and being adopted quickly.

I know you can spend a ridiculous amount of money by adding a screen and getting it now, but i'm not willing to.

Brownsiey

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2013
im also curious. i recently bought a 2014 civic hybrid, and every time i go to the dealership for maintenance i ask if there is any news on carplay, and i always get the runaround. its strange because the photos of carplay in action use the honda civic center console to showcase carplay.

i imagined by now this would have been sorted out by now. i guess sooner or later either the manufacturers or apple will fill us in.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Not for nothing, but I just saw an ad for the 2015 Acura ILX (or something like that). The ad was featuring Siri Eyes Free, not Carplay.

This is very interesting. I bought a 2014 Accord knowing that it would probably not have Carplay. I tried waiting for the 15s to come out, but my old car didn't cooperate.

Looks like the 15s may not get Carplay ... but who really knows. I think maybe Honda doesn't want to switch out the head units on the Accords mid-model and may wait for the new model ... not sure when they come out.

ft

Evilgamer

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2012
I don't know that Honda is really onboard with carplay any more.

They announced the new Pilots recently, with the head unit running Android.

MMC for the Acura RDX was announced with no noted change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.