Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphonefreak450

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 14, 2014
Just wanted to know if this is a scratch or damaged screen where I can see a small hole like scratch as shown from the attached image. It’s seen at the top left corner.

Or, would this be related to the front facing camera lens?

If yes, then I just answered my own question.

I was afraid that My screen is scratched or damaged.

Attachments

• IMG_0110.jpeg
    IMG_0110.jpeg
    414.5 KB · Views: 159

iphonefreak450

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 14, 2014
I took a soft cloth and very gently just wiped it and and appears to not be visible anymore.

Last edited:

iphonefreak450

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 14, 2014
I took a magnifying glass to see if its still there but there is just a tiny spec of it still there.

I thought these iPhones were made of Corning Glass which can be scratch resistant. So I do not understand why these phones need a screen protector.

I take great care of my phone. My phone is in my pocket the whole time, never put my keys or coins in the same pocket where my phone is.

So how come it gets scratched so easily?

I can still see that scratch but its much better now after just wiping it with a soft cloth.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
I took a magnifying glass to see if its still there but there is just a tiny spec of it still there.

I thought these iPhones were made of Corning Glass which can be scratch resistant. So I do not understand why these phones need a screen protector.

I take great care of my phone. My phone is in my pocket the whole time, never put my keys or coins in the same pocket where my phone is.

So how come it gets scratched so easily?

I can still see that scratch but its much better now after just wiping it with a soft cloth.
Screen protectors exist for a reason.

Seems like you got away with it if it’s just a microscopic dink. If you require a magnifying glass to see the scratch then it shouldn’t bother you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.