Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dragon Boy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2018
Recently I have noticed this location indicator with a line thru it appear on my locked screen, I have location services turned off, I have tried restarting my phone but it still appears, never seen this until today. Does anyone know what it means and how to get rid of it .

Attachments

• IMG_0190.jpeg
    IMG_0190.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 134

headlessmike

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2017
On my phone that's where the local weather is shown. Without location services it cannot determine where local is.

Dragon Boy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2018
On my phone that's where the local weather is shown. Without location services it cannot determine where local is.
It’s for the weather app but I have location services turned on only when using the app for the weather app.

headlessmike

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2017
It’s for the weather app but I have location services turned on only when using the app for the weather app.
That's why then. Location services will only be available when the app is actually on screen. In iOS 17 at least you can select to allow them when using the app or widget, as apposed to always being on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.