Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OR-7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2021
Saw this on eBay: Item 144013150855. It looks like some kind of combination Ethernet and video card for the PDS slot, but the seller couldn't find any markings.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Saw this on eBay: Item 144013150855. It looks like some kind of combination Ethernet and video card for the PDS slot, but the seller couldn't find any markings.
It looks to me to be just a network card.

MacTech68

macrumors 68020
Mar 16, 2008
Australia, Perth
Working from what appears to be the card's Mac Address printed on the ROM (00-40-88-00-20-C3),
it appears to be made by Mobius Technologies, inc. (Model MD042)

So far that's all I know.

EDIT 1:
It does appear that it may be a TTL or RGB video card (as well as ethernet). A manual would really help with the jumper settings which seem to affect the pinouts of the video connector. You might require a suitable monitor to make use of it and at a guess the video driver listed here under 'Mobius':

Sometimes I wish people who junk old machines would check the hard drive (if working of course) to see what unique drivers are installed.

EDIT 2:

However, according to "Build_Your_Own_Macintosh_and_Save_a_Bundle_1992"

"Mobius and Lapis share a common heritage from Beck Tech. Mobius passed on TTL compatibility and opted for more powerful combination accelerator/video card /monitor packages for midrange Macin-tosh logic boards. Lapis went for the broader monitor attachment market, licensing, and TTL."

Mobius used to sell CPU accelerator and video cards bundled with their OWN monitors, so it's possible that these cards only work with their own fixed resolution monitors.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.