Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hoopsup07

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2003
Wisconsin
What is this feature and how do you get to it? I found this in the movie on Apple's Panther page.

Attachments

• weird from parnther.jpg
    weird from parnther.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 642

slowtreme

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2003
Tampa FL
Command - Tab to switch open applications (Just like windows alt-tab). I guess Apple wanted to put the makers of Lite-Switch out of biz too.

dbally

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2003
My thoughts exactly . . . glad that i don't have to have the extra app running though. A neat tip though (at least I thought it was :)) is that as with Lite Switch if you press Command + Tab to activate the utility, you can then press the ~ key to cycle backwards through apps. You can also press Q when an app is highlighted to close it. Sweet.

j33pd0g

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2003
Central NY
This is the first bug I have found with PAnther on my system. Pressing command + tab brings that floating app switcher up - except it is flickering like crazy - almost as it is on a loop and is in total cycle mode.
Also I can't get it to stay up for more than 1 sec. So it's kind of a useless feature. I hope it's just a glitch on my end. Any ideas?

snickelfritz

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Tucson AZ
It's a glitch in your install; works fine here. (so far, I haven't found a single problem)

Macfixit recommends repairing disk permissions and running disk repair prior to installing panther, as well as fixing disk permissions after the install is complete.

Also, check your 3rd party fonts for corruption or incorrect installation.

GL

slowtreme

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2003
Tampa FL
j33pd0g it's not supposed to stay up. Press Command+tab to upen it and hold Command down. each time you press tab it will sellect a different application, let go when you get the right one you want to switch to.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
well i really wouldnt say it put liteswitch out of business. this feature has always been in the system, apple just enhanced it with big icons instead of the dock.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.