Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
I recently downgraded from my iPhone 11 Pro Max to an iPhone X I bought from Best Buy.

I have always loved the iPhone X and is my favorite iPhone for its form factor, weight, ease of 1 handed use, the grippy back glass, and more.

The battery in it is not good which isn't a problem since I'm at home most of the time anyway.

But I want to send it in to Apple to get the battery replaced. In the mean time, I will use my iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Just be aware that even if you take it to the apple store to get the battery replaced, they will run the diagnostic and your battery health has to be below 80% in order for them to replace the battery if it's under warranty. You could ask about paying for the battery replacement but I don't know if they will budge. Worth a try, good luck

Reactions: Hieveryone

Harthag

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
Depends on the store. My 13 Pro was only a couple months old and battery health was 99%. It ran warm and got less than ideal battery life. Did a factory reset, no difference. You can just tell when something is off after owning every iPhone since the 4. I checked the details and it had lost a fair mAh below the "designed capacity" with only about 20 charge cycles if I recall, maybe 25.

I brought it in and it unsurprisingly passed all tests. They didn't give me a hard time at all, just told me it'd be $70. Took about 2 hours. Replacement battery is normal, also still at 100% / still exceeds "designed capacity".

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Yes it depends on who you get as well. If you find a defect that results in the entire unit to be replaced thats better. Going in just for a battery replacement is hit or miss.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
Interesting! I meant the mail in process.

Thank you for your replies and help though. Good to know

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.