Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmbrodermann

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2019
Miami, Fl
I'm curious to know what you guys love other than iPod, what's your opinion on the Zune for instance haha :p. I would love to know. My favorite non-iPod music player will always be the Microsoft Zune HD. That thing could really make some great sound.

iFan86

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2020
I picked up a Zune HD at a garage sale one time for a few bucks. The sound wasn't bad, but I didn't care much for the controls. I still prefer my 4th Gen iPod Color which I still occasionally use to this day.

Reactions: Amethyst1

matraco

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2014
The creative jukebox sounded pretty good. It also had a massive storage for its time.

Reactions: mikzn

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
Nomad II - still works ?

Nomad-II-Player.jpg

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
Well, I have not owned many other portable music players other than an iPod. I did have a Walkman and Discman, but I cannot say I am a fan of either of those products. I invested more into car audio than a portable music player, until the iPod came out. iPods are good units and they work great for what I use them for.

Secubia

macrumors member
May 4, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
Minidisc is my favourite as well. I have three portable Sony MD players, two of them can also record. Since recording is done in real time, a lot of time goes into creating each disc but I can move around or split tracks however I like afterwards without the need to plug it into a computer. As someone who never manages to keep track of my iTunes playlists (I keep losing or ruining them or having 3 half-finished copies of each), it's such a nice feeling to physically pick up a disc, put it in and know what I'm going to be listening to.

I have a portable CD player as well, but it actually never leaves home. I only use it to sometimes listen to my old MP3 CD's from my younger days.

A few years ago I got myself a Sony NW-394 MP3 player. I instruct a dance fitness class, so I was going to put my music onto it and plug it into the gym's audio equipment, but the volume was so low and after totally 20 hours of playing on max volume it gives this horrible volume warning beep and lowers the volume...

As for iPods, I still have my iPod classic (the last model they made) but I don't use it.
My iPod shuffle (also the last model, pink) is the player I use when working out, it's so nice and tiny and requires no pockets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.