Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What is your maximum price?

• $400

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • $500

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • $600

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • $700

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • $800

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $900

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1000

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • $1000+

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Not interested at all

Votes: 14 21.9%

• Total voters

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
3 levels of :apple:watch

which one are you getting? and how much are you willing to pay max?

quickcalibre

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
London
I don't really understand why you'd get the most expensive model for this.

I get why people pay £10,000+ for luxury watches, because they last a life time, go up in value, if you have good taste, become a part of your identity, etc etc.

But this new apple watch will surely be out of fashion when the new one comes out.

Blakjack

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2009
I need the watch that will let me workout and look classy on date night with the girlfriend.

I love the smoke grey stainless but the silver stainless would look way more sexy on date night right? Along with one the the stainless silver bands?

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Yea, thats about my price

----------

I don't really understand why you'd get the most expensive model for this.

I get why people pay £10,000+ for luxury watches, because they last a life time, go up in value, if you have good taste, become a part of your identity, etc etc.

But this new apple watch will surely be out of fashion when the new one comes out.
This makes it even more fashionable. If you have the money to piss away $2k every year on the latest, knowing it will be obsolete,... You have money. Or stupid.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
If the Edition version is what I think it is (solid gold fetching quite a bit of money), I'll settle for stainless steel as it's most versatile with metal band, milanese loop and leather buckle.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
According to my local news, it has a starting price of $350. I want the stainless steel version. I don't care about straps, though, I want mine with a camouflage print strap. I want it to look fun, not serious. I have a Panerai for business. I don't need anymore serious in my life.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
I need the watch that will let me workout and look classy on date night with the girlfriend.

I love the smoke grey stainless but the silver stainless would look way more sexy on date night right? Along with one the the stainless silver bands?

Here's what I'd like to know: Will you be able to buy different bands? in your situation, you'd probably want the sport model that I think is a little more resistant to abuse for the workouts. But then on date night you'd want one of those stainless steel bands to switch out.

It hasn't launched yet, but I really don't understand why Apple isn't selling just the watch itself and then separately the bands, kind of like iPads and cases. I know it would cause confusion for some, but it seems like a ton of SKUs to add to store cases.

Blakjack

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2009
Here's what I'd like to know: Will you be able to buy different bands? in your situation, you'd probably want the sport model that I think is a little more resistant to abuse for the workouts. But then on date night you'd want one of those stainless steel bands to switch out.

It hasn't launched yet, but I really don't understand why Apple isn't selling just the watch itself and then separately the bands, kind of like iPads and cases. I know it would cause confusion for some, but it seems like a ton of SKUs to add to store cases.

Yea, that might be the route I should take. The choices are a tad bit overwhelming. And I'm sure we will be able to buy different bands.

iPadPublisher

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2010
I can't make up my mind. Is this another iDevice or is it jewelry? As a device, I'd pay no more than $500, if I felt I could use or really appreciate it's function. As jewelry, I'd pay $600-$750, again if it was something I thought I'd really use and appreciate.

I've not yet made up my mind on it. I haven't worn a watch in over a decade. I've been thinking about finding a nice one. Hmm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.