Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
My wrists are 160 MM, and I went with the S/M size.

However, I’m kind of in between sizes.

I have the pin in the 3rd hole, and when I tuck in the end of the strap, it feels a bit tight. But this is coming from someone who mostly wears solos (I wear a size 5, which is perfect, and very comfortable.)

I have the M/L section of my Stalight sport band, which came with my watch, and I’ve been trying to figure out which is more comfortable. With the longer strap, I have the pin in the second to last hole, and when I tuck the rest of the strap in, it feels very similar to the S/M bands, which I have just bought.

It’s very close, but of course these bands don’t have any give.

So, could you please tell me what your wrist size is, and what size sport band you use? Also, if you have any solos, what size do you buy?

I can still exchange my new straps, so I need to decide what to do.

Thanks in advance.

adam1080

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2012
My wrists are 165mm (maybe a mm or 2 over). I am also down to about 175 lbs after getting to ~200lbs post pandemic. My mechanical watch was tight at my max weight and is looser now, so my wrists do fluctuate.

I also have somewhat larger hands for albeit small wrists.

My Alpine Loop is a Medium and around 5-6 loops from the top. Couldn't fit my hand through a small Alpine.

I wear Small/Medium sport bands and S/M leather links very comfortably.

If I only wore BSLs on my S7 or an S9 I would wear a 5 (never tried the solo loops).

I bought a 4 BSL cause it fit better with my Ultra 2, but it was very tight on an S7-S9. It has since stretched out after less than a month and fits the ultra nicely and is not bad on my S7 titanium. Can leave some marks. But taking the BSL off and on over my potentially larger hands feels like it is stretching it out.

I guess I like my bands tight and I hate if they fall down. on my S7 sport band S/M the pin is in the middle hole... 3 open holes on either side. it is tight once I slide the tail in, but after the band warms up it feels nice and more flexible.

Since I have larger wrists than you, I must really like tighter bands...

Reactions: The Cockney Rebel

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
My wrists are 165mm (maybe a mm or 2 over). I am also down to about 175 lbs after getting to ~200lbs post pandemic. My mechanical watch was tight at my max weight and is looser now, so my wrists do fluctuate.

I also have somewhat larger hands for albeit small wrists.

My Alpine Loop is a Medium and around 5-6 loops from the top. Couldn't fit my hand through a small Alpine.

I wear Small/Medium sport bands and S/M leather links very comfortably.

If I only wore BSLs on my S7 or an S9 I would wear a 5 (never tried the solo loops).

I bought a 4 BSL cause it fit better with my Ultra 2, but it was very tight on an S7-S9. It has since stretched out after less than a month and fits the ultra nicely and is not bad on my S7 titanium. Can leave some marks. But taking the BSL off and on over my potentially larger hands feels like it is stretching it out.

I guess I like my bands tight and I hate if they fall down. on my S7 sport band S/M the pin is in the middle hole... 3 open holes on either side. it is tight once I slide the tail in, but after the band warms up it feels nice and more flexible.

Since I have larger wrists than you, I must really like tighter bands...
Hello Adam.

Thank you very much for your detailed response.

Practically all day I have been wearing my Starlight sport band, which came with my watch, and have been wearing the M/L strap. Once the tail, as you put it, is tucked in, everything feels comfortable. I am using the second hole in, from the smalles size on the strap.

I have boxed up my two Nike sport bands, and Clay sport band, and will be replacing them at an Apple Store tomorrow.

I’m so used to solos, which are the most comfortable straps, in my opinion. Both regular, and braided.

Thanks again, and wishing you well.

chadamorrill

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
My left wrist is between 165-170mm. I almost always wear the s/m black sport band that came with my launch day series 4 (I'm expecting it has stretched slightly due to age and wear). With my series 4 and 6 watches, I wore it on the 3rd peg from the end (5th from the base), but with my Ultra, I'm wearing it on 4th peg from the end (and subsequently, 4th peg from the watch base). I like being able to shift it up or down on my wrist every so slightly, so it's not so so tight that it doesn't move. Can't stand it being loose either, though. Hope that helps!

Reactions: The Cockney Rebel

adam1080

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2012
I take it back…

The 4 BSL is perfect on the Ultra 2 for me. Tried it on my S7 again and it was too tight to wear comfortably at all.

I need to try a 5 solo loop for the S7 but still in love with the matching OG Light Grey titanium sport band right now. Fits perfectly, is incredibly comfortable and looks slick. Tried some leather links and other bands and won’t be switching out my S7 daily wear band for some time.

Same for the BSL on the Ultra 2. Put the Alpine loop on for a bit, which I loved originally but the BSL is sooo comfy and fits perfectly.

richard13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Odessa, FL
My wrists are 160 MM, and I went with the S/M size.

However, I’m kind of in between sizes.

I have the pin in the 3rd hole, and when I tuck in the end of the strap, it feels a bit tight. But this is coming from someone who mostly wears solos (I wear a size 5, which is perfect, and very comfortable.)

I have the M/L section of my Stalight sport band, which came with my watch, and I’ve been trying to figure out which is more comfortable. With the longer strap, I have the pin in the second to last hole, and when I tuck the rest of the strap in, it feels very similar to the S/M bands, which I have just bought.

It’s very close, but of course these bands don’t have any give.

So, could you please tell me what your wrist size is, and what size sport band you use? Also, if you have any solos, what size do you buy?

I can still exchange my new straps, so I need to decide what to do.

Thanks in advance.

It's hard for me to measure my wrist but I believe it to be approximately 168mm based on the fact that I typically use the M/L sport band with the pin in the 2nd most tight position and it is meant for 160mm - 210mm wrists. On the S/M (which I usually do not wear), the pin is in the 5th most tight position with much less to tuck.

I do, sometimes use the 1st most tight position of the M/L band when I am out for my walks in the morning (due to pulse not registering with the 2nd hole).

I'm a little confused by you saying you are in the 2nd hole with the M/L size but you are in the 3rd hole on the S/M. It's possible I'm not understanding but I would have thought we would be the same here.

As I stated, I usually use the M/L band but I'm now wondering if I should move to the S/M side as there's less to tuck. On the other hand, I'm wondering if it would be less desirable in some other way.

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
IMG_8830.jpg

I don't have a way to measure my wrist but I'm a fat girl. I wear an M/L with 2 holes left. I measure 10 for the BSL but I like the fit of 9 better.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
I finally found a comfortable size.

I wear the S/M and have it 3 holes in.

Thanks to everyone for your input.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.