Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scottwat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2003
Ohio USA
I know when we went from whatever 10.1 was called to 10.2 we couldnt install some apps if we didn't have the latest versions. I'm cool with that I understand progress. Just wanted to start a discussion on what we might get to upgrade on jaguar. Like the mail.app? X-11? I doubt we'd get anything like expose, but maybe a new safari? ichat av? Also what do you think we won't get without Panther?

Nall

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2003
Re: What jaguar might get from panther

Originally posted by scottwat
I know when we went from whatever 10.1 was called to 10.2 we couldnt install some apps if we didn't have the latest versions. I'm cool with that I understand progress. Just wanted to start a discussion on what we might get to upgrade on jaguar. Like the mail.app? X-11? I doubt we'd get anything like expose, but maybe a new safari? ichat av? Also what do you think we won't get without Panther?

Well, the beta version of X11 is (and has been) available for Jaguar. Also, the full iChat AV is available separately for $29.95.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Re: Re: What jaguar might get from panther

Don't expect much. Updates to some of the iApps if they are upgraded soon or don't require Panther features might still be supported on Jaguar. Or you might not get all the feature sunless you run it on Panther. I doubt Safari or Mail will be upgraded seperately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.