Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marialejawv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2017
Yesterday I bought my first monitor a Dell P2415Q (4k) but I'm very confuse, I don't know what kind of thunderbolt adapter or hdmi I need to use for the full resolution and good performance, my macbook is: MacBook Pro 13" mid 2012.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I don't think you need to purchase anything.
I'm pretty sure that the Dell P2415Q comes with the cable that you need in the box!
The mini DisplayPort plugs in to your MBPro (into the thunderbolt port), and the other end (DisplayPort) plugs in to the Dell display.

You do know that your 2012 MBPro does not have the capability to support the 4k video that your display can provide (3840 x 2160), but you can get the full HD resolution of 2560x1600, which is still a pretty nice image...

Reactions: ZapNZs

marialejawv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2017
oh perfect thank you!
I don't think you need to purchase anything.
I'm pretty sure that the Dell P2415Q comes with the cable that you need in the box!
The mini DisplayPort plugs in to your MBPro (into the thunderbolt port), and the other end (DisplayPort) plugs in to the Dell display.

You do know that your 2012 MBPro does not have the capability to support the 4k video that your display can provide (3840 x 2160), but you can get the full HD resolution of 2560x1600, which is still a pretty nice image...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.