Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sallylm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2014
I like the role playing games, what about you? What kind of game do you like best?

Eggtastic

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
NJ
Open world games with a lot to explore and do. I still play GTA V online because it is fun to just aimlessly drive around, golf, explore, whatever. Also, as you can see by my avatar, I liked sonic adventure as I could explore when not doing the missions. They shifted away from it though and the series has lost its way IMO.

Unfortunately I feel like most people dislike open world games or developers don't like them maybe? Example: Red Faction Guerrilla was open world and it was so much fun exploring and destroying buildings. The next game they did: Red Faction Armageddon was linear, sucked, and it got a bad score. Oddly enough, Most red faction games have been added to the xbox backwards compatibility list and of course Guerrilla was left out.

RedKite

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2017
Currently I like relaxing games like Breath of the Wild, Pinball FX3, and Yonder on my Nintendo Switch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.