Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wannabe07

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
Portland, Oregon
I'm hunting for a new school bag that will work well with a MB and I'd love some advice. I'd like a messenger-style bag and I really like the vertical orientation like on the Crumpler Luncheon bag. Also, it needs to be big enough to hold some books in addition to a laptop (so a Medium Alley from STM is too small).

I guess I'd just like to hear different people's opinions on laptop bags and any other suggestions. Thanks!

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
I picked-up my Laptrap at Macworld SF '08...

and I use it everyday, to and from school. One of the best features is the way it fits on my lap with the pockets on the side draping over each leg. It's an extremely "secure" position (non-slip material) for my new BlackBook 2.4 Penryn. It's also a backpack or an over the shoulder strap or use the carrying handle like a briefcase. Check it out:

http://www.highergroundgear.com/laptrap.html

About $55.00 USD plus tax.
:cool:

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA

wannabe07

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
Portland, Oregon
Yeah, I should have been more specific. I'd really like a shoulder-type bag, as opposed to a backpack. I go to my clinical placement in addition to class, so I'd like something semi-professional looking. Backpacks just feel so high schooly.

Holmes89

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Yeah, I should have been more specific. I'd really like a shoulder-type bag, as opposed to a backpack. I go to my clinical placement in addition to class, so I'd like something semi-professional looking. Backpacks just feel so high schooly.

Well I would still look at STM, they have shoulder bags as well.

Italchef

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2003
Maple, Ontario
I actually just bought the Luncheon from Crumpler. I'm not a student, but it is big enough to hold your Macbook and some books. I think it's a pretty cool bag and feels good on the shoulder. The padding on the strap in major and feels really nice. The velcro closures are very strong but some have complained that it makes quite a racket and this could cause problems in certain situations. I like it and use an Incase neoprene sleeve as well.

Mick

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.