Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jukiboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2022
The big thing about the MacBook Air M2 is it’s new redesign, as much as the M2 chip is promoted, it’s not really what makes it interesting in comparison to the M1 model and other previous Airs( in my opinion), as the préformante upgrades are minimal in comparison to intel -> M1. Nonetheless, one of the big rumors was the huge array of “iMac like colors” to come to the MacBook Air among the other set of design changes, and many were extremely excited for a pop of color on their mac. But, approaching WWDC, rumors began spreading of a change of plans, no longer a bunch of colors, just the classic Space Grey, Silver and (a slightly changed) Gold alongside Blue (or midnight as we now know), but future colors we’re speculated to come, eventually…

But what colors do you think are coming, what would you like to see?

From the Midnight color, I think we can speculate that future colors would not be as vibrant as iMac colors, so maybe any colors we saw could be more iPhone Pro ish, like Alpine Green, or the rumored iPhone 14 pro Purple? I think any warmer colors are less likely.

Reactions: Saturn007

Jukiboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2022
Oh rose, good thinking, if a warmer color would come, I definitely think it would be that color

CE3

macrumors 68000
Nov 26, 2014
We probably won’t see any new Air colors for another year.

I usually put a hard shell on the back of my laptops (easier to travel, throw in a backpack, etc..) so the colors don’t matter much to me. But looking at current and upcoming iPhone, iPad, and iMac colors + case colors could be a potential indicator of what’s in the pipeline.

The SE3 had both a starlight color and a midnight silicone case option before the M2 Air was released.

Last edited:

richard13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Odessa, FL
What would I like to see? Something like the iMac M1 line colors! Maybe Blue or Red? But really, I like all the iMac M1 colors really. Was surprised and disappointed that Apple didn't do this for the MBA M2s.

What will we see? Probably nothing for a while. I wish they would at least add a "special edition" color mid-cycle.

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
I will be very happy to see 24" iMac like colours. But that did not happen with the 13" Air. Now hoping the rumoured 15" Air will come in some bright colours. But if not at least I would like Apple to bring back gold colour of M1 Air. Not happy with the current Starlight. In fact I fear Apple might end up releasing the next iMac in pastel like colours.

MacBook Air in bright colours will be fantastic.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
Purple. I would love to see a purple color. One that is a bit more saturated/brighter and not as dark as the M1 air. Purple would be great also an electric blue instead of midnight.

Reactions: Tagbert

Saturn007

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Bring on the white keyboards and the iMac colors! Had Apple done that, I’d have an M2 MBA in the house already!

In the meantime, the colors choice, while new, are a let down. Midnight is different, for sure, even cool looking, but a fingerprint-smudge-scuff magnet.

Starlight is an amazing addition, but looks just like the old, dated silver in too many lighting conditions.

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
They should have the same colour lineup as the current iMacs... but only the back colours, not the washed out front. If that became the case, I'd definitely pick a yellow Air

Reactions: Technerd108

Velin

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
I think the current silver and dark grey are perfectly fine. Instead, improve OSX by making it very stable (as Apple did with Snow Leopard), lower SSD prices, lower RAM prices -- focus on that.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
I think the current silver and dark grey are perfectly fine. Instead, improve OSX by making it very stable (as Apple did with Snow Leopard), lower SSD prices, lower RAM prices -- focus on that.
It doesn't cost them more to offer different anodized color options. They could do both?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.