Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
I had a Newton message pad 110, tried to go digital in early 1990's....tech was not ready yet. I returned it after 29 days for full refund.

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
  • 20" iMac G4
  • 15" PowerBook G4
  • 11" MacBook Air
  • G4 Cube

I'd love to add each and every one of those to my collection at some point.

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
At the moment, at the top of want list are:

1. G5 Quad
2. G4 Cube
3. G4 "Sawtooth" and "Yikes!"
4. G4 MDD FW800(#2,3,4 would complete my Powermac G4 collection)
5. iMac G4 in some form or fashion(not picky)

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
At the moment, at the top of want list are:

1. G5 Quad
2. G4 Cube
3. G4 "Sawtooth" and "Yikes!"
4. G4 MDD FW800(#2,3,4 would complete my Powermac G4 collection)
5. iMac G4 in some form or fashion(not picky)

I'm happy to report that I now have all of these :)

I'm wanting to flesh out my collection of iMac G3 and iBook G3 colors better, as well as the G3 Powerbooks.

Other than that, though, the only really "high priority" for me is a TAM. I think I'm "close" on a 128K, and I'd like a 512K one of these days but I don't go nuts over compact Macs. I do have an SE FDHD now which fills that hole, although I do like the look of the 128K.

One of the Intel Developer Transition Kits would be something of a dream piece...

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
I own a BW powermac (working), and a Mac Mini (uncertain if working), plus various ibooks, powermacs and a powerbook. I'd love a powermac G5 or older Mac Pro but I don't really have the space for it. I'm finding it hard enough to get rid of my surplus PowerMacs - nobody seems to want to take them. Wife says put them out on street, but I can't bring myself to do that.

I was *very* tempted to go buy an iMac g4 (the magic lamp design) several months ago - I absolutely love the design - but realistically I don't have the time to gut it and put in hackintosh internals. However, if one turned up on my doorstep, I'd welcome it with open arms.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I was *very* tempted to go buy an iMac g4 (the magic lamp design) several months ago - I absolutely love the design - but realistically I don't have the time to gut it and put in hackintosh internals. However, if one turned up on my doorstep, I'd welcome it with open arms.

I know someone who mods them into monitors you can use with any computer. What a cool mod!

Mnowell69

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2013
Bedford, UK
my list would be a 17" powerbook DLSD, a tangerine i book, a QUAD g5 and an iMac g4. I have them all now in original box with software etc etc except for the iMac g4 which i am keeping an eye out for. Fantastic computers all of them.

Ulenspiegel

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2014
Land of Flanders and Elsewhere
I always wanted a MacBook White Unibody, but at those time I was into Windoz 150%.

Attachments

• 2354608_120515230858_Image.aspx.jpg
    2354608_120515230858_Image.aspx.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 159
Reactions: Altemose

RAMtheSSD

macrumors regular
My Mac Pro is named after the original dream machine, LISA. I will wonder until the day I die why anyone bought an IBM PC when LISA was available. A Mac in 1984 would have been nice but LISA was such a giant leap in what a computer was and what it was for -it had other applications besides Lotus 1..2..3...- that one could actually do something more than stare at a low res display with either original orange or later green on black.

Sure, it was very expensive but far less than the Xerox machine that was the direct product of the work at P.A.R.C. and, more importantly, the company that made it, still made it and still supported it. At a time of command line interfaces, LISA could make you swoon with a dazzling resolution and textures. When the ugliness of the IBM PC took over a whole desk, LISA gave you a sleek integrated box with more power to boot!

The one thing LISA did not have that the original 1984 Mac did was the cordura nylon bag that you could pack your Mac into and take it wherever you went. Still, LISA either had room for or came with a factory hard drive (something almost unheard of at the time) and, if I am not mistaken, LISA was the first with a hard floppy though it still had a floppy floppy LOL!!

If I could not have a LISA, I would want an original 1984 Mac with all the signatures (If WOZ's wasn't embossed inside the case then, with a large aluminum plate with his signature laser etched on to it) inside the case.

If I could not have that then I would need a G3 Cube to look at -wasn't it gorgeous?

I drooled over MY LISA, now on my desk for at least a year before I took the $$Plunge$$ and she is very very sweet and loving but it was her ?? great grandmother that once held my heart.

too poetic? maybe creepy? Yes, I knew I could not have sex with her LOL! Yes, I really really wanted one but there was no way that it was going to happen because BIG BLUE was BIG BLUE and that Hippy Upstart in Cupertino wasn't going to last... who had the last laugh?!

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
I'm currently working a deal on an AIO G3-once that comes together(I hope this week) I will have all of the G3-based Macs in my collection save for the Kanga Powerbook.

Priority #1 for me at the moment is a TAM. I've been promised a 512K "eventually." Other than that, I need a 128K as the first Mac.

I said earlier that I don't get excited over the Compact Macs, but after buying a Classic II a few weeks ago I admit to having been bitten by the "bug" and now want to complete my collection of them.

Ih8reno

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2012
The G3 AIO Bunnspecial mentions above came into my collection a couple of months ago now (yet to use it) and have to say that was one I always wanted. I am on the lookout for more Powerbook G3's and a Quad G5 to replace the 3 I have owned and sold when I either needed space or money.

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Hope to get a TAM and a Mac TV someday. Also a Newton other than the messagepad 120 would be cool.

Reactions: Ih8reno

havokalien

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2006
Kelso, Wa
I some how came across a lime ibook clamshell G3 466 machine this week and snapped it up for literally free as the woman who had it said it didn't work......the cord into the charger was shorted out (looked fine until plugged in then started arcing across the cords). New cord and it booted right up to 10.3.9.

I put OS 9.2.1 for booting classic, and fresh install of 10.4.11 with updates right now. That green is amazing and the matching desktop color in OS 9 like the iMacs and other colored ibooks is mesmerizing.

Now just need a TAM and a Mac TV..... ya right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.