Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shurcooL

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
I use a Logitech G9 with MouseFixer to disable mouse acceleration, and the trackpad to the right of the external keyboard.

Merachon

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2013
UK
Use a Razer Mamba, exceptional piece of kit, brilliant software when used properly and very comfortable to use. Tactility of the buttons is superb, and when compared to the R.A.T series I find this to be better, not only due to there being no cable drag, but also because the buttons have a dip in them for the fingers to sit easily and not slide around on the surface. Very highly recommended for gaming.

Have a Magic Mouse, which is great for more or less everything out there but gaming due to the lack of an easily activated right click. Ergonomically it isn't bad, but when gaming I find the Mamba to be a better choice. Use this mouse for more or less everything but gaming, as it is such a pleasure to use in OS X.

Had Razer Ouroboros: overpriced piece of crap and broke virtually instantly, ergonomically it is awful when compared to similarly priced competition. IMO stay away.

laetusviator

macrumors member
May 31, 2012
I use (an increasingly ancient...) Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1A. It has a fantastic sensor for gaming. I'm finding it hard to find a new mouse with a sensor & shape that compare well with it. Unfortunately the cable is starting to go, so I've got to find a replacement soon!

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
I'm not a fan of big and clunky palm grip mice with thousands of buttons and ergonomic shape.

Neither am I. A basic 2-button mouse with a scroller in the middle is basically all I need.

The current Apple Magic Mouse is decent, but I never understood why Apple left side edges to be un-tapered and at a "sharp" angle. It's not very comfortable that way. Otherwise, the multi-touch gesture functions and design is decent overall.

I use one of these:

KensingtonExpertMouse2.jpg

Mattww

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2008
I really love the Logitech MX Performance mouse wireless. It's a real pleasure to use in both OS X and Windows both for general use and especially for gaming where I simply must have a real two button mouse.

This mouse isn't cheap as mice go but it is worth it. It is very comfortable with a shape that contours well to the hand. It is rechargeable so you do not need to be constantly buying batteries for it. What is really nice too is that it includes a USB cable with a mini connector that plugs into the front of it, to recharge it while allowing you to continue using it. There is also a standard wall outlet charging cable included as well.

It offers a great blend of comfort, convenience and compatibility and I find it works very well for gaming.

Oh, and it does include OS X support and installs a very nice Control Center app into your System Preferences to configure the buttons, etc. as desired.

Same here except I don't use the software. The "Dark Field" sensor doesn't seem to be affected by the wood grain on my desk and being able to plug in the USB and carry on using it when charging really is so useful.

Given how much it gets used I don't mind the price.

CJM

macrumors 68000
May 7, 2005
U.K.
I have a Logitech G500.. It's a bit on the large side for my medium-sized hands. I want a Corsair M95, but they're a bit hard to come by at the moment.

PatrickCocoa

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
Logictech G500

Nice mouse, I use it for Windows gaming only. On my iMac, NO MOUSE. Mountain Lion is designed for the Magic Trackpad, I use that.

Logitech B110 with my Mini & PC - top mouse at a great price! I'd buy another.
Trust Centra with laptop - almost as good, but smaller.
Microsoft 3000 with an old iMac - less smooth action & much larger than the other two.

Apple's Mighty Mouse was boxed long ago due to a regular need for cleaning or else it stops working altogether.

CJM

macrumors 68000
May 7, 2005
U.K.
People who still use trackballs are really showing their age. They had one of those in my primary school. Dreadful thing.

Lark.Landon

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
So Cal
People who still use trackballs are really showing their age. They had one of those in my primary school. Dreadful thing.

Lift...drop....scroll..scroll...scroll......stuck...Lift..drop...lift...drop....scroll....stuck... lift drop lift drop....scroll....stuck... lift drop....scroll...scroll....scroll...

Those things really are truly dreadful.

Lil Chillbil

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2012
California
Magic mouse for everything except for minecraft and cod, for those I use one of these

Attachments

• Apple Wired Mouse.jpg
    Apple Wired Mouse.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 180

Cancelled
Jul 13, 2008
I am using a Razer Deathadder. Really like it.

Same here. I've got the DeathAdder Black Edition (the dark one with no lights) and it's awesome. Looks very understated for a gaming mouse and is simple enough as an everyday one, too.

swerve147

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
Definitely prefer corded over cordless any day of the week. So I have a Logitech M500. I actually prefer the G9 as it's much much smoother in both OS X and Win 7 but I can't find a proper driver for it in OS X (Steermouse cannot map my back and forward buttons for whatever reason). The M500 is nice and cheap in terms of price, and it's recognized by Logitech Control Center so I can map all the buttons in OS X.

I'm going to have to try the Deathadder once I save up some extra $.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.