Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mystixman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 11, 2002
USA
Just curious. I know some are, but didnt know the percent ( or something approx. )

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I don't think anyone has done the research to see how many of the submitted rumors actually turn out to be correct. There are over 1800 submissions and I'd say 60% of those, at least, aren't rumors or repeat what someone has already said. Still, too many left to go through.

D

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Re: What percent of the mac rumors are true?

Originally posted by mystixman
Just curious. I know some are, but didnt know the percent ( or something approx. )

It's hard to say in terms of % correct. Because there are so many small iterations and even stuff that might be far ahead of time.

As long as you take things with a grain of salt... and take into account sources... I think rumors do a pretty good job knowing what's in the pipeline.

arn

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Probably a small portion. About 80% are ones that are implausible (6ghz G5, iWalk 2.0, Apple Segway, Disney merge) then about 20% are ones that can actually happen and out of that 20% I would guess about 20% of those are true.

So, appox. 4%

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.