Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrislehmann

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2020
IMG_7047.PNG

adamlbiscuit

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2008
South Yorkshire, UK
That's called Reachability. It enables you to pull the active screen area downwards so that you can reach items at the top with just one hand.

You can turn it off in settings if it becomes annoying.

Settings -> Accessibility -> Touch

On iPhones with a home button it is invoked by a double tap on the home button. On iPhones without a home button it's invoked by swiping down on the 'home bar'.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
That's called Reachability. It enables you to pull the active screen area downwards so that you can reach items at the top with just one hand.

On iPhones with a home button it is invoked by a double tap on the home button. On iPhones without a home button it's invoked by swiping down on the 'home bar'.
I should have paid closer attention. I thought the pic was showing the Lock Screen.

chrislehmann

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2020

Settings -> Accessibility -> Touch

thank you, I had been unable to "recreate" the behaviour, it seemed random. Much appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.