Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hi, although the MBP have no air ventilation holes at the bottom, some Windows laptops do. What product do you use to lift the laptop higher up for better air circulation? I am looking for something that is light and portable that could be put in a laptop bag.

Queen6

macrumors G4
ANS2-SV-03.jpg ANS2-SV-04.jpg

I've switch to ones that look like a ball now that splits in half as the Orico Aluminium ones have triggered airport security a couple of times. The ball is just purely synthetic material.

Search Amazon for "laptop riser ball" lots of options

Q-6

cdcastillo

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
The cesspit of civilization
Altough is not exactly a portable setup, on my desk I use a 3 piece aluminum/acrylic stand from Griffin that is easily taken apart to travel with it. It is this model and I got it about 12 years ago.

I use it with an external keyboard and mouse.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Thanks for warning. They look like some kind of mine.
Anybody tried those foldable stands that like like a pair of skis?
[automerge]1577211845[/automerge]
I don't remember the name. 20years ago I used a two pieces stand that had multiple plastic stackable height adjusters. It could also swirl the laptop. It was in black color. Perhaps by Targus. Don’t recall exactly. Anybody knows what product I am talking about?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.