Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Madhatter32

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2020
How easy we forget
Google success in U.S. schools forces Microsoft, Apple to scramble
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ces-microsoft-apple-to-scramble-idUSKBN17Z01R
Tim Cook cares, he doesn’t want them eating his bonus :)
Careers at Apple - Sr Analyst, Education Market Research Posted: Mar 17, 2022 https://jobs.apple.com/en-us/details/200332007/sr-analyst-education-market-research
I would say that computer companies with an eye to the future should be very concerned about the education market. I remember my first exposure to Apple in my high school -- and have been using a Mac in some form ever since. Get them young and you have them for life (doesn't just work for cigarettes).

Reactions: ignatius345

ipponrg

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
I would say that computer companies with an eye to the future should be very concerned about the education market. I remember my first exposure to Apple in my high school -- and have been using a Mac in some form ever since. Get them young and you have them for life (doesn't just work for cigarettes).

Interestingly, Chrome OS based on this data is experiencing a slight increase in the US. Globally, it’s still minuscule. You can adjust the timeline to see the differences between when that above article was written to now

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015

They got me that way too -- Apple IIs in "computer class" in middle school. And in college Macs were ubiquitous all over my school in the computer labs. I think most of them on campus were exclusively Macs. This was all in Northern California, so maybe that has something to do with it. Anyway when I finally dropped a bunch of money to have my own computer so I could procrastinate writing in the comfort of my own home, it was a Mac. (Used that thing for a solid 10 years).

Reactions: Madhatter32

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
As this thread is about anything else but the title, here’s an interesting development
“We will soon deliver new integrations that bring the power of Windows 11 and Windows 365 together. Integrations include Windows 365 Switch for seamless movement between your Cloud PC and Local PC with a single click, Windows 365 Boot to be able to boot straight to your Windows 365 Cloud PC in just one step, and we envision the ability to work offline and then automatically resync without losing any data with Windows 365 Offline. These scenarios are powerful for businesses, and they are just the beginning of our Windows and Microsoft cloud integration.”
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2022/04/05/windows-powers-the-future-of-hybrid-work/

StephanieSy

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2021
I'm interested in debating whether the professional development of software engineers is good enough

smoghat

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2020
FrameMaker (yes, that's still a thing)
[...]
Whoa. I did my dissertation on that in 1994 (it supported footnotes and I wanted footnotes, as I recall, Pagemaker and Quark did not, plus I hated Quark). Had no idea it was still around.

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Just for information, iCloud apps runs in browser versions...
Anyone can use Keynote in a browser these days.

I think that only Apple does softwares restrictedly for MacOS.
"Runs" with a big asterisk. It's a subset of the full feature set, and doesn't let you use custom fonts.

Reactions: jackoverfull

Janichsan

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
Whoa. I did my dissertation on that in 1994 (it supported footnotes and I wanted footnotes, as I recall, Pagemaker and Quark did not, plus I hated Quark). Had no idea it was still around.
It's still a major tool in technical documentation (e.g. manuals of industrial machinery) and scientific publishing.

Reactions: ignatius345
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.