Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
Hey all,

I am a level 31 decently equiped dwarf pally. . . I just finished everything in duskwood. . . I moved to stranglethorn vale but the quests there are a couple of levels above me, they all appear as dark red or atleast orange in my quest log. I dont like grinding much so that isnt an option. . . What are doe you suggest a level 31 to quest in? Also what instances are ok for a level 31? Ive had the char for a while but I left wow for a few months and I seem to have forgotten everything, can anyone help me out?

Many thanks
Patmian212

pscoble

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2006
Petaluma
I believe Arathi Valley (or something like that) is good uhhhh intances....SM GY and RFK, however both of those are hard to get to for little allies MUHAHAHA go horde ;) but yeah those should work instancing for allies at those lvls is a bit hard.

redsteven

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
You should be able to find an unbelievable amount of information via a google search. Also check the wow forums or ask there, and ask in game... and ask ur guild if you have one.

almost forgot... BLIZZARD'S SITE has levels listed for EVERY ZONE.

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
One thing I didn't like about WoW was that, once you got into the 30s, STV was pretty much the only place to go. You can hang out in Southshore (alliance) up to about 32; Shimmering Flats gets you a little more. Horde can quest in Ashenvale up to maybe 31. You can run Shadowfang Keep a couple times...

Maclarny

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2003
MN
Cubist is right; in terms of just quest griding (no instances) Southshore and Shimmering Flats are your best bets.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I also recommend Southshore then head across to Arathi. You can then head back down to STV once you've gained a few more levels.

Fnord

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2005
No one has mentioned Desolace yet. Talk to the npc from Reclaimers Inc (I think) in the Ironforge library before you go so you can start on those quests in Desolace also.

Spritey

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2006
Canada/Norway/USA
Thottbot

Haven't played for a while now (too busy), but a lot of times you can get a lot of help from http://www.thottbot.com (It's like a mix between google and wikipedia in terms of WoW material).

Sometimes the user comments will give you tips and tricks as to how to finish harder quests.

Anyway, instances you can try:

Blackfathom deeps (lvl 27-28 elites)
You can also do some parts in

Gnomerregan (by Ironforge), if not attempt all depending on your team. Elite mobs around 32ish

Razorfen Kraul (watch out for horde...)

Scarlet Monastery (The graveyard should be low enough level)

If you use the Looking for group tool it should automatically filter out the instances you can and cannot go too. But often it cuts it off too low; if you go with a good group and stay in the back you can go into higher level instances. (I play a priest, and since they're so hard to come by, groups will usually have a lot lower-level cut off point for priests...)

Edit:
I personally really, really like instances over questing, so through level 30 to 40 I pretty much did Gnomerregan and Scarlet monastery over and over and over again...

brutusvimes

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2007
Try grinding a bit in Thousand Needles. Bumps you up fairly quickly, and the harpies won't give you much trouble.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.