Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which product rumored to be announced by Apple at the "Let Loose" event are you most excited about?

• iPad Air (10.9-inch, 6th Generation)

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • iPad Air (12.9-inch, 1st Generation)

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • iPad Pro (11-inch, 5th Generation)

Votes: 35 24.8%
  • iPad Pro (12.9-inch, 7th Generation)/(13-inch, 1st Generation)

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Apple Pencil (3rd Generation)/(V4)

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • New Magic Keyboards and/or Smart Keyboard Folios

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Other iPads rumored to show up later [e.g. iPad mini (7th Generation), iPad (11th Generation), etc.]

Votes: 22 15.6%

• Total voters

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Oddly enough, I don't see this being asked anywhere on here. With all of the anticipation building up over the new iPads (among Apple themed forums and sites) and the upcoming May 7th "Let Loose" event, I'm curious as to what rumored product people are most excited about.

Personally, I'm very excited for the launch of a 12.9" iPad Air with a landscape camera. That would be totally game changing for me. I do not need any iPad Pro feature introduced after the first generation 12.9-inch model (save for iterative things like larger storage and faster computing/connectivity innards). I don't need ProMotion. Just the ability to attach a Smart Keyboard Folio, video chat with the camera in the landscape mode position and otherwise do what an iPad Air can do.

What are you most looking forward to with this Apple event/announcement?

satchmo

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
Personally, I'm very excited for the launch of a 12.9" iPad Air with a landscape camera. That would be totally game changing for me. I do not need any iPad Pro feature introduced after the first generation 12.9-inch model (save for iterative things like larger storage and faster computing/connectivity innards). I don't need ProMotion. Just the ability to attach a Smart Keyboard Folio, video chat with the camera in the landscape mode position and otherwise do what an iPad Air can do.

I'm exactly in the same boat. Let's hope the 12.9 Air isn't priced too high.

I wonder if existing folio keyboard cases would fit.

Reactions: _Mitchan1999

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
New 11” OLED iPad Pro with VRR support $1,000 Base
New Smart Keyboard $399 (but the old one will work) good news
New 3rd Gen Apple Pencil with new Gaming Features and Apple VR support (but not spending $4,000 to use it)

in Other words Skippable Products.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
New 11” OLED iPad Pro with VRR support $1,000 Base
New Smart Keyboard $399 (but the old one will work) good news
New 3rd Gen Apple Pencil with new Gaming Features and Apple VR support (but not spending $4,000 to use it)

in Other words Skippable Products.

So, you're excited over skippable products? Or did you miss the original question?

jagolden

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2002
Absolutely nothing at this event is exciting, for me. A 14” IPP would interest me but not enough to buy.
Apple has reduced itself to micro-incremental “magical” upgrades. The M series processors, while certainly are upgrades are just a carrot-on-the-stick game. Then, we have the possibility of a whopping 13” IPP. I’m astounded Apple would make that giant 0.1” leap.

Carrotstick

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2024
Said this before but I would like to see OLED iPad and better structural design. Similar to the Tab S9. Samsung did a great job and made their tabs really sturdy and not prone to bending.

Also I know this is not rumored but IP68 rating would be nice. Nice to use in a bath or near pool.

TechRunner

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2016
SW Florida, US
Oddly enough, I don't see this being asked anywhere on here. With all of the anticipation building up over the new iPads (among Apple themed forums and sites) and the upcoming May 7th "Let Loose" event, I'm curious as to what rumored product people are most excited about.

What are you most looking forward to with this Apple event/announcement?
Same. My base model 7th gen doesn't have space to download any more iPadOS upgrades so I'm looking to buy soon. Always wanted a larger screen iPad but could never justify the price of an iPP given that mine is mostly used as an e-reader and to watch games on MLB.tv.

AlmightyKang

macrumors 6502
Nov 20, 2023
Hoping for a new bottom end-ish iPad. My two youngest kids have 8th gen iPads with 32GB which have hit the inevitable storage wall.

*~Kim~*

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2013
UK
The Airs. I’ve kind of outgrown 64GB at this point so could offload some content onto there, as I’ll keep this Mini until it’s no longer doing what I need it to - unless Apple defies expectations and doesn’t treat it like the poor relation before then.

No firm plans to buy but am guessing that as I’ll be holding onto the 6th Gen Mini, the base won’t be any better than it so that’s out.

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
iPad Pro 11". I had the 12.9" and the big size ruined a lot about what I originally loved about the iPad. I'm excited at the idea of getting back to that 9.7"/10.5"/11" size and finally having OLED. Kinda feels like the 11" has been neglected for the last 3 years with it never getting mini-LED, but the blooming on the 12.9" bothered me a lot too. The screen upgrades feel very overdue.

Plus, the bezels make the iPad Pros look a bit dated I think. They've been the same for the last 6 years. The iPad looked futuristic then, but now the bezels just look chunky to me. I know people always say you need bezels to avoid accidental touches, but I already had my fingers touching the screen when I held my 12.9", and I didn't have any issues then. I'm ready for a more futuristic look.

Reactions: boston04and07

diggy33

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011
Northern Virginia
The only thing that would interest me is if Apple decided that they'd make a version of the iPad without a rear camera (not going to happen). I've owned several iPad's over the years, and I think I've only taken one or two photo's (and that was just to see how they came out). I know there's a use case for them, but for me, I could do without.

m.x

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2014
I'm most interested in the new pricing structure. Will the 12.9" Air be only a little more expensive than the 10.9"? How much more will the iPad Pro be? Will it start at 256GB? How much will the new pencil be? $149? $179? Are they going to keep the Apple Pencil 2 at the same price? How much will the prices be in Europe?

To me that's more interesting than the product itself. It tells us much about the future for a product line where they had >16 months to develop a clear strategy.

satchmo

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
I'm most interested in the new pricing structure. Will the 12.9" Air be only a little more expensive than the 10.9"? How much more will the iPad Pro be? Will it start at 256GB? How much will the new pencil be? $149? $179? Are they going to keep the Apple Pencil 2 at the same price? How much will the prices be in Europe?

To me that's more interesting than the product itself. It tells us much about the future for a product line where they had >16 months to develop a clear strategy.

You raise a good point. If there is little to no change over 16 months, one might wonder if resources were been spent elsewhere *cough: VisionPro

But with a dedicated May event, I‘m going to guess/hope that they have more to say and show than just a bump in M chips. A roadmap of where they see iPad is going. Maybe something on the iPadOS side too, but that might be held back for WWDC.

That said, this is Apple. So even if it’s a spec bump, they will make it seem like the greatest thing since sliced bread. :)

Reactions: m.x

BanjoDudeAhoy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2020
iPad Air 6 for me. Or mini 7.
Those are my favorite iPads since I consider them the most versatile ones.

Ultimately, though, I'm not in the market for a new iPad at all. I have the current generations and I expect them to last a good while longer still. ...unless they come in toxic sludge green or something.

jaehaerys48

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2023
10.9 iPad Air - but my decision to buy it will probably depend on whether they are bumping the standard storage from 64gb or not.

mebehere

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2012
Absolutely nothing at this event is exciting, for me. A 14” IPP would interest me but not enough to buy.
Apple has reduced itself to micro-incremental “magical” upgrades. The M series processors, while certainly are upgrades are just a carrot-on-the-stick game. Then, we have the possibility of a whopping 13” IPP. I’m astounded Apple would make that giant 0.1” leap.

Why even reply?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.