Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

igmolinav

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Hi !!!

What´s the name of that litle gadget that looks like a small tablet pc, that one can use to write or draw on it. The one that one can connect to one´s computer, and that some people use it for the arts, and others to hand-write?

What brand(s) are recommended?

Is it really worth it?

Can you see on "the tablet" (and perhaps also on the screen) as you write?

Thank you,

ignacio molina.
igmolinav.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
igmolinav said:
Hi !!!

What´s the name of that litle gadget that looks like a small tablet pc, that one can use to write or draw on it. The one that one can connect to one´s computer, and that some people use it for the arts, and others to hand-write?

What brand(s) are recommended?

Is it really worth it?

Can you see on "the tablet" (and perhaps also on the screen) as you write?

Thank you,

ignacio molina.
igmolinav.

You're probably referring to one of the Wacom tablets. Check out http://www.wacom.com for all the models that they offer. I am pretty sure one of them has an LCD that lets you see what you are "drawing" on.

Bob_Barker

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2004
Gainesville, FL
If you are talking about a standalone device with its own screen, it sounds like a PDA. If it's a peripheral, I agree with the other posters you are probably talking about a Wacom tablet. Or possibly an active wireless display, though I haven't met any mac users who have them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.