Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bubble99

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
I'm wondering what is best screen saver app out there? I know the iPad does not need a screen saver app but is there any pretty screen saver app to look at?

Any good nature screen saver app of lakes, mountains and trees? Any meditation of nature screen saver app out there of lakes and mountains and trees?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
For iPad wallpapers, I don’t know about apps, but there are many, many websites that offer beautiful nature photos, which can be found by searching for “iPad nature wallpaper” or a similar phrase.

You probably already know how to add photos to use as wallpaper, but if not, you can add the photo to the Photos app by pressing on the photo to bring up the options menu. Once it’s in Photos, you can go to Settings > Wallpaper > Choose a new wallpaper. Then navigate to the photo you downloaded to set it as your current wallpaper.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
I'm wondering what is best screen saver app out there? I know the iPad does not need a screen saver app but is there any pretty screen saver app to look at?

Any good nature screen saver app of lakes, mountains and trees? Any meditation of nature screen saver app out there of lakes and mountains and trees?
There's no such thing as a "Screen Saver App" for iOS or iPadOS. One is not needed, or even prudent.

You've login wallpaper or homescreen wallpaper. And that's it.

"Live wallpaper" is (IMHO) a pointless option which requires you to press the screen to "animate".

Aside from the, Apple's security model prevents any app from controlling the lock screen.

Most you may find are apps you have to run outside of any timed or other user interaction.

Which is good because you don't want your phone screen on for elongated periods of time displaying random animation without you looking at it. That's a significant waste of battery power and resources.

If it’s just rotating pictures then I believe that it may be possible to do that with shortcuts now.

Bubble99

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
Well a Screensaver app are lock screen background changer for the lock screen.

Unless you are are thinking of say a photo gallery viewer that displays your photos like slides.

These are screensaver apps for lock screen.

Apple does have there own built in screensavers to choose from for iOS under dynamic.

It is bubbles that move on your lock screen.

ECF86417-BFFD-4478-A99C-911B8BC1904D.jpeg

Apple only gives you a handful to choose from in iOS 14.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.