Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simonx314

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
My favorite is "PhoneBattery". It just shows your iPhone battery % as a glance. Cheatsheet is another helpful glance. Citi mobile banking works well. Most 3rd party apps are pretty slow and few provide much value. Hopefully things will improve when we get native WatchKit apps later this year.

DavidLynch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2015
The third party app that has performed the most consistently and nearly as well as Apple's apps for me is MLB at Bat. This was one I was fairly excited about. It's still slower in both the glance and app than the stock apps but it's faster than any other third party app I've used and perfectly designed for the watch.

n8cousins

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2013
Burlington, Vermont
Lifesum is my most used 3rd party app so far. If you're looking for health and fitness tracking it's the best I've found (MyFitnessPal suuucks on the watch). It was a little slow loading at first but for whatever reason it's fine now.

Reactions: bojj80

ecdc

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2013
I agree that it totally depends on what you use the Watch for and what apps you need. For me, the best third-party app is LoseIt!, which I've long used to track calories and eating habits. They get the Watch app just right--not too bloated and it's snappy, but still incredibly useful. Instead of having to choose which food you ate and scroll through some insanely long list or dictate a search, you just add the total calories. Easy, and glances lets you see where you're at.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
The third party app that has performed the most consistently and nearly as well as Apple's apps for me is MLB at Bat. This was one I was fairly excited about. It's still slower in both the glance and app than the stock apps but it's faster than any other third party app I've used and perfectly designed for the watch.

Agreed. I followed the Nats epic comeback on the watch last night.

dedufour41

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2015
New York

Agreed. I followed the Nats epic comeback on the watch last night.

LOVE the MLB at Bat app for the watch!! Especially while watching the NHL Playoffs #

deathtotoasters

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2009
I cannot get atBat to show anything in the glances. The app runs fine, but just says loading in the glance.

Tried reinstalling several times

Anyone else have this issue?

SOLVED: I was only uninstalling the watch version of the app. I went ahead and removed and reinstalled the whole atBat app on my phone. That solved the issue.

Last edited:

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
Lifesum is my most used 3rd party app so far. If you're looking for health and fitness tracking it's the best I've found (MyFitnessPal suuucks on the watch). It was a little slow loading at first but for whatever reason it's fine now.

I suspect the first load loads some code to that watch. Turns out the watch has 8gb of storage. That is a lot of room for a device that offloads most of the processing to the phone. I suspect some company app code gets put on watch when you use a new third party app. Maybe it is just UI media files for the app.

xthine

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2015
USA
At Bat for me as well. Notifications come in smoothly, love the pitch tracker and player cards.

82040956422f508819be3916e69ad45c.jpg
fa0c618e5277505059a35411d0f2cd66.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.