Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anthony8720

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
USA
I just got a new 15" PB and have untill 12/21 to return it. These lines in the display really annoy me. The dilemma is that the only thing that I dont absolutely love about this machine is the screen, but the screen is a pretty major component of a laptop. If apple says they will fix it, i would be incredibly happy, but I dont know if that will ever happen. So my question is this, should I just wait untill apple makes an announcement and deal with the screen, or should I return it and get my money back before it is too late? Thanks for any input that you all may have.

Anthony8720

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
USA
mad jew said:
Have you called Apple about a replacement? I'd keep it personally.

Just to let everyone know, I am referring to the horizontal lines that are present in all 15" PB screens.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Yeah, but apparently some are better than others. I've heard of people getting replacements for particularly bad ones. The replacements still have lines, but they're not as visible. :)

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Anthony8720 said:
...should I just wait untill apple makes an announcement and deal with the screen, or should I return it and get my money back before it is too late?

If you believe the problem will likely remain somewhat of a thorn in your side, act while your limited window of opportunity still exists. Acknowledgement of an issue on this point from Apple - well, how long can you hold your breath?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.