Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Primo_usa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2020
Hello,

I have an iPhone XR, currently on 12.3.1, have not updated waiting on JB, I looked around now and the only option is 13.6.1, which is jailbreakable but up to iPhone X. I know that unc0ver has for 13.5 which I missed and I do not know if there’s a way to upgrade to it. What should I do? Upgrade to 13.6.1 with hopes of a jailbreak or stay at 12.3.1? Is there a way to upgrade to 13.5 and get the jailbreak? Since Apple is no longer signing it.

1Icarus2

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2018
Unfortunately there is no way for you to upgrade/downgrade to 13.5 if you haven't saved your blobs.

The golden rule of Jailbreak is this: Always keep to the lowest iOS version possible and wait for a Jailbreak. However, in this situation, I'd bent this rule and upgrade to 13.6.1.

The reason for this is because I don't think that anyone is investing in finding a Jailbreak for 12 or below anymore. The focus is currently on 13+. Usually if there is NO Jailbreak for an iOS, then staying the lowest iOS version is recommended, but yeah, like I said, I'd upgrade if I were you.

Reactions: blueflower
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.