Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

singlestick

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2011
Southern California
Is yours 16GB?

No, I have a 32GB. But I have a long commute and load a number of episodes of tv shows and movies onto my iPad, along with some music and previously mentioned work related files. And then of course, there are apps. Also, I tend NOT to shuffle stuff off my iPad back onto my desktop, but keep drafts and final versions of projects on my iPad.

In my ideal world, the next version of the iPad will have Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 capability. I don't like having to spend a lot of time syncing (except to update the OS). Dropbox comes in handy here as well.

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
There may still be an iTunes University group of podcasts from the University of Irvine School of Medicine, showing how they were Implementing the iPad for textbooks, lecture material and other course work. Very informative stuff, and I can only see iOS 5 making things better.

I use my iPad for ebooks and work related PDF files. Much better than using an iPhone.

itunes university podcasts can be great at times, and so-so at others, but overall it is a fabulous opportunity for us to hear talks by leaders in their fields.

as for the ipad, i use it daily for ebooks and pdfs. it is a wonderful device. i've had a lot of success with goodreader, and it is pretty quick to sync files in the apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.