Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

supakuuuuuu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2023
Currently I am using MBP 13" 2019 touch-bar intel-chip and have been using for 3-4 years already. This boy really helped me with my heavy graphic design stuff since my university years until I graduated but now I am planning to switch to more high performance MBP with apple silicon chip. At first I was planning to go for M2 pro cause the more CPU and GPU when compare to M1 Pro but now after watching the recent episode of ZONEofTECH (
), where he was talking about the leak rumor of M3 pro coming next year.

What do you think? give some suggestions on this. Thank you very much🙏🏼

arian71

macrumors regular
May 13, 2021
Moon, and safe from the ban
I think you are for a upgrade, but knowing Apple release new silicon chip every year with a 15-20% increase you are in good position to switch to apple silicon and the only one able to decide what you want..
M3 is just so far away

• Love
Reactions: supakuuuuuu

ilikewhey

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2014
nyc upper east
if you can wait, then wait, m3 theoretically should be a pretty big jump, m1 - m2 was pretty mediacore since its the same cpu die size with both 5NM, however m3 will be on 3NM.

• Love

Algus

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2014
Arizona
Normally I'm not a big fan of year over year upgrades but the difference between Intel and M-series is pretty huge.

Still if you have a working Macbook that is meeting your needs, you're in an ideal position to wait it out.

• Love

supakuuuuuu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2023
I am not a big fan for year over year upgrade, especially now my MBP 13", after designing big file, it just get hot very fast and loud noise, also getting slower day-by-day but again I still very unsure that M3 chip is gonna come up in the beginning of 2024

supakuuuuuu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2023
if you can wait, then wait, m3 theoretically should be a pretty big jump, m1 - m2 was pretty mediacore since its the same cpu die size with both 5NM, however m3 will be on 3NM.
I heard many tech people were saying M3 chip is gonna be the great option to go for but the question now is it coming out soon in the coming year? haha

supakuuuuuu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2023
I think you are for a upgrade, but knowing Apple release new silicon chip every year with a 15-20% increase you are in good position to switch to apple silicon and the only one able to decide what you want..
M3 is just so far away
what do you mean by "M3 is just so far way"?

ilikewhey

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2014
nyc upper east
I heard many tech people were saying M3 chip is gonna be the great option to go for but the question now is it coming out soon in the coming year? haha
unfortunately i don't believe so, the iphone is the first product to get any sort of die shrink, so you can expect iphone with 3nm before the mac gets it. i would guess q1 2024? if thats too long of a wait for you, the m1 and m2 are perfectly fine.

• Love
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.