Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SummerBreeze

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 11, 2005
Chicago, IL
I'm picking up a brand new, 12" PowerBook (w/ superdrive) on Thursday, and I can't wait. Now that I've picked the computer out, I have to decide what to name my new little baby. So...I decided what could be better than enlisting the help of you guys!

I love greek and roman inpired names like Apollo, Cosmo and Ares; Lord of the Rings; Harry Potter; and Star Wars. And the laptop has to be named after a guy, because I'm a girl. What do you guys think I should name it? Suggest away!

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
SummerBreeze said:
... Now that I've picked the computer out, I have to decide what to name my new little baby. So...I decided what could be better than enlisting the help of you guys!

As a possible "future blood-sucking lawyer," you might want to name it Alberto (after the attorney general) ... it would make Dubya so proud of you. :)

AstrosFan

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2005
You will name him George. You should hug him and pet him and squeeze him.
One of my all-time favorite lines - from an OLD Bugs Bunny cartoon where he goes into a haunted castle & runs into the Snowman.

Good luck!

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
AstrosFan said:
You will name him George. You should hug him and pet him and squeeze him.
One of my all-time favorite lines - from an OLD Bugs Bunny cartoon where he goes into a haunted castle & runs into the Snowman.

Good luck!
I think you've got two different cartoons mixed up there... the Abominable Snowman lives in the Himalayas/the mountains, while the orange creature with sneakers lives in the haunted castle.

SummerBreeze

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 11, 2005
Chicago, IL
Abstract said:
Just name it Supersexycoolbabysugamacdaddy. That's what we all think of our PowerBooks anyway.

HA! I wonder if that would fit in the name imput field!

clayj said:
Name it Han Solo.

Thought about that one, Han is soooo the best Star Wars character ever!

AstrosFan

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2005
clayj said:
I think you've got two different cartoons mixed up there... the Abominable Snowman lives in the Himalayas/the mountains, while the orange creature with sneakers lives in the haunted castle.

That's certainly possible.
Gossamer is the orange creature & does live in the castle.
Originally, I thought Gossamer was the one who said this but I found a website with sound clips which credited the Abominable Snowman.
The thing that's confusing me is that I could've sworn the quote was said indoors.
Thanks for the help!

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
AstrosFan said:
That's certainly possible.
Gossamer is the orange creature & does live in the castle.
Originally, I thought Gossamer was the one who said this but I found a website with sound clips which credited the Abominable Snowman.
The thing that's confusing me is that I could've sworn the quote was said indoors.
Thanks for the help!
You're certainly welcome.

All of the Abominable Snowman stuff happens outdoors, because Bugs keeps setting up Daffy Duck (putting bunny ears on him, etc.) to be "attacked" by the A.S. Finally, the A.S. ends up wearing a hat, fanning himself, and then melting in the sun.

Gossamer doesn't speak except to shriek once near the end of the cartoon, IIRC.

yenko

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2005
SouthWest-USA
SummerBreeze said:
I'm picking up a brand new, 12" PowerBook (w/ superdrive) on Thursday, and I can't wait. Now that I've picked the computer out, I have to decide what to name my new little baby. So...I decided what could be better than enlisting the help of you guys!

I love greek and roman inpired names like Apollo, Cosmo and Ares; Lord of the Rings; Harry Potter; and Star Wars. And the laptop has to be named after a guy, because I'm a girl. What do you guys think I should name it? Suggest away!

Socrates

Yep....Socrates
History of....

;)

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
How about a place name;

Alderaan
Tatooine
Naboo
Corisant
Endor

Andoria
Andor
Mars
Vulcan

Middle Earth
The Shire

-
Other Guy Names

T'os
Tuvok
Worf
Luke Skywalker
Wedge Antillies
Wicket
Bail Organia (Jimmy Smits)

Just my 2¢

TEG

faintember

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
the ruins of the Cherokee nation
Abstract said:
Stephen King alludes to Sneetches in Dark Tower 5: Wolves of the Calla.
The sneetches are flying metallic balls that hunt things down and then, well explode. Later the main characters find a sneetch that has not exploded after a fight and examine it to find: "Sneetch, Harry Potter Model", so i am not sure if it is from Harry Potter or not.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
my suggestions...

well first off, my login name comes from Prometheus; not sure if Greek or Roman, but the god that gave man - sorry mankind - fire! PowerBooks are hot in design, power, and just sex appeal.

Omega Supreme? (thinking of a Transformer character though)

Han does just ring rather well (funny how Harrison got the role of Han, wonder if he had that as a knickname in grade school?)

Othello? (Shakespeare, those Roman?)

Mercury, probably done to death.

not too creative and just cant think this late; need more sleep for overtime to work so I can buy my 1st real Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.