Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Berenson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2015
Any suggestions for a cheap and good looking stand/dock for my new Apple Watch? :)

ohaishawnn

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2011
Austin, Texas
I backed this one on Indiegogo:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/nudock-apple-watch-iphone-docking-station

I really liked the way it looked.

They have a desk lamp that has the lamp, iPhone and watch stand that looks really good but I didn't wanna spend that much haha

amro

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2008
How are your charging stands working out?

Now that the watches are out, I know that some of you guys got a charging stand. What did you get and how well does it actually work?

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
After trying out the charger in the store, I doubt the magnetic force will be strong enough to safely hold the watch for the steeply sloped stands.

Might want to be careful if the base of the stand has sharp metal edges.

BigMovieGeek

macrumors regular
May 22, 2010
After trying out the charger in the store, I doubt the magnetic force will be strong enough to safely hold the watch for the steeply sloped stands.

I'm still waiting on my stand, but I've just tried holding the watch upside down by the charger and it stayed attached. Considering these stands are going to be holding the watches at a 45 degree angle the right way up, I'm sure they'll be fine.

Sphyrna

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008

This is something I'm concerned about as well. I ordered the NuDock. I hope it works ok.

metacove1

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2014
I doubt the magnetic force will be strong enough to safely hold the watch for the steeply sloped stands.

I have a fairly steep sloped custom stand that holds just fine.

IMG_5522.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SayenCroWolf

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2015
Cleveland
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.