Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elbango

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
I have no idea where to start, but what are some good apps to probably download on day one for the Apple watch.

bulbousnub

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
I'm having it shipped to the office. Whenever it shows up will probably be right before lunch time. Chipotle is 5 minutes from the office. I'll probably order Chipotle.

The future is coming in 3-5 weeks and it has burritos.

alxy8s

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
Athens, GA
Nike+.

Are the watch apps like universal (iPhone/iPad) apps in that they'll simply appear on the watch if the developers enable watch support?

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006
I'm having it shipped to the office. Whenever it shows up will probably be right before lunch time. Chipotle is 5 minutes from the office. I'll probably order Chipotle.

The future is coming in 3-5 weeks and it has burritos.

We both said the same thing at the same time. *high-five*

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
Considering Rules! was the first promoted game that uses the WATCH, that'll be near the top of the list.

However, most of my favorite apps were already updated to support the WATCH, especially 1Password.

njhorn

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
What the first App you are going to download on your apple Watch?

Nike+.

Are the watch apps like universal (iPhone/iPad) apps in that they'll simply appear on the watch if the developers enable watch support?

Yes and no. As I understand it the watch apps come with the iPhone app, and within the Apple watch app you can enable/disable the watch app from showing up on your watch

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
I've been carefully monitoring the app updates on my phone to see which apps I use every day have watch extensions. Honestly, there are very few that I feel need to be on the watch on day one, if at all. I suppose there is a compromise between having the app available and disabling notifications, but I want to be very careful not to make the watch an iPhone clone. Only apps that offer valuable information in a quick glance are going to make it onto my watch as a result.

Apps with a passbook component probably have the best chance of being first, and MLB At Bat for game notifications.

1Password intrigues me, but I'm not sure what kind of utility it will offer on the watch.

KauaiBruce

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2007
Kauai, HI
I got City mapper AND Braintoss apps on my phone because I saw them on the Watch App list. Cannot wait to use those on the watch.

mrcobra92

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2014
Also, Trivia Crack for sure! Already addicted to that game, should be fun! I hope quizup adds support as well as I like that one a lot more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.