Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rm5

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 4, 2022
United States
On some peoples' profiles, I've seen something at the very bottom that says "Trophies" and on all users' profiles it says "Trophy Points." Can anyone explain what this is? I'm just curious to know. Thanks!

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
It is a feature of the Xenforo forum software that awards members points for different milestones, like reaching 30 posts for example. The feature is disabled on MacRumors, so everybody shows zero for Trophy Points.
Ohhh. I have been wondering about this too. Maybe there could be a sort of "awards" system something like Reddit where people get a handful of free awards per month (like 5-10) and can choose to put it on exemplary posts that are very thought out. Contributors could get double the awards per month.

Reactions: rm5

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Ohhh. I have been wondering about this too. Maybe there could be a sort of "awards" system something like Reddit where people get a handful of free awards per month (like 5-10) and can choose to put it on exemplary posts that are very thought out. Contributors could get double the awards per month.
In forums with this enabled. It’s usually based on category. The Op will ask a question in something like a Video Card subforum. Then select from the answers a best answer. As you get best answers you’ll get trophies ranking you something like Knowledgeable, Expert, Master and Grand Master. Depending on the forums ranking system.

There might be other trophies. Like for how long you are a member. Overall best answers. Number of times you answer within an hour of a question being asked. Total number of posts and so forth.

Reactions: Weaselboy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.